! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

expiredrpgs - Topics

* expiredrpgs - Topics

Subject: Sea of Stars (NSW)
Replies: 28 Views: 1256
6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

warded 24.02.24 - 11:16pm
My review:

Game version: Nintendo Switch
Difficulty: Moderate to High
Graphics: 8.9/10
Gameplay: 9.0/10
Audio: 8.5/10
Story: 8.8/10
Length: Around 30 hours
Replay value: Low (New Game + exists)

Reminder; i mentioned that if i give 9 or higher to anything it pretty much means 10/10 on average person's reviews... I'm far stricter than an average Joe.

Also the audio lacks solid ''bangers''. It is very good, but not enough... For example the game they take after like Chrono Trigger has noticeably higher count of GOOD tracks. Sea of Stars does not reach that level of audio quality. Even WITH a guest composer that has had a nice catalogue of compositions in the past.

Battle system is fairly tight and does not favor spamming attack button alone. The battle difficulty most certainly is higher than what one could call Medium difficulty and Super Mario RPG-like timed attacks and defenses are fairly necessary.

Spoiler (i guess) : You get the flight ability at the end of the game which means you mainly travel on boat once you get it.

The game length includes a few hours of grinding so it is somewhere between 25 to 35 hours of solid gameplay. I only grinded to 3 levels higher than average person because grinding isn't that necessary in this game. PROTIP: Always Invest in MP first and HP second when leveling up.

The game does seem to have a some amount of post-game content, but the replay value is low because once seems to be enough to see everything. There is probably a true or a better ending in the game (i got a ''The End?'')

Also not a dealbreaker, but there were noticeable loading times at least in the Nintendo Switch version. I do not recall seeing much slowdowns, stuttering or frame dropping etc. (because the game loaded more stuff at once? hence the loading times?)

The graphics do their job and there are lots of nice little touches here and there. In fact they put more effort into them than one would even notice.

Also the overall positivity of the Warrior Cook is pretty positive. I will not talk more of the story.

Review was written on a NEW NINTENDO 2DS XL and in random order so it may seem a bit dis-jointed. *

warded 24.02.24 - 11:19pm
Actually some of the battle/boss BGMs are good + memorable. music2.GIF *

warded 24.02.24 - 11:40pm
Buyer's remorse came and went multiple times during the game, but overall it was worth buying... even the somewhat pricey Japanese Physical Edition for which i paid 67.90EUR -new- . The upcoming western physical is somewhere around 37.90EUR (you get to wait THREE more MONTHS for it though as it is scheduled for May 10th) *

warded 24.02.24 - 11:57pm
The digital NSW version is 33.99EUR which is a tad high especially when the physical is going to be 37.90EUR ... Though only in May 2024. *

warded 25.02.24 - 12:16am
Also how i ended up with this game you ask?

One day in January 2024, i was minding my own business scrolling through ''recent nintendo switch additions'' section on my local game store's websight and there it was, Sea of Stars (import). I remembered that this game was on my buy someday maybe -list so i went for it. And in the end i'm glad i did. *

warded 1.03.24 - 10:22pm
read.GIF Read somewhere that only five of a level up perk can be picked per character. Still it is highly recommended you pick MP first, then HP and then whatever you feel like. *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* expiredrpgs Forum
* Group Topics

* expiredrpgs (8)

Custom Search