! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Prodigits - Topics

* Prodigits > Topics

Subject: Malicious Advertising
Replies: 7 Views: 1735
1-> 7->>

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 08:06am
I keep getting randomly redirected to Google Playstore.wtf.GIF This is beyond a joke and completely unacceptable.dont.GIF The problem occurs even when no adverts are visible on screen, so I didn't click on an ad by mistake.nono.GIF For example, I logged in this morning and clicked on the 'forums' button on the main page and instead of being taken to the forums menu I was redirected to the Empire : Four Kingdoms download page on Playstore. This happened 4 times in a row before I was finally allowed into the forum menu on my fifth try. It also randomly occurs when opening a topic, moving from one topic page to the next or trying to submit a reply in a topic. Other users have complained about the same problem in the pinned 'Errors' topic in general forum. *

admin 26.02.15 - 08:28am
It usually happens because of a malicious ad, If it happens again try to stop the page before redirection and view page source then send it to us. We'll investigate it too. *

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 08:53am
Ok will do, thanks. *

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 12:04pm
It has happened a few more times but I'm having trouble finding the page source as it doesn't show up in my address bar, there is a title/address at the top of the page but it is very long so doesn't show in full and can't be copy/pasted. Next time I will either note it down manually or try taking a screen grab and I'll post it here. *

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 01:26pm
nb3nyh.png
Not sure how much help this will be. *

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 01:33pm
air.com appears to be a dead airline booking site, I just found a single white page with an air.com logo and some airport related graphics at the top, nothing else.dontknow.GIF *

obi_jon 26.02.15 - 01:40pm
I have tried to stop the page before redirection but it doesn't work. Once redirected to the Empire : Four Kingdoms page, I have to press the back button multiple times before it will back out, it just keeps trying to reload the Four Kingdoms page. Once I do manage to back out of the page, I find the white page in the above screenshot. *

1-> 7->>

* Prodigits Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* Prodigits (8)

Custom Search