! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

VintageComputers - Topics

* VintageComputers > Topics

Subject: dsPIC based audio synthesizer
Replies: 16 Views: 2459
6-<< 2-<

plzgvhug 26.03.12 - 12:43am
Hello again, ive started the build of my dsPIC based synth onto the piece of veroboard that is mounted onto the top rear of the Z80 computer i made previously. I added new photos (synth part 1, synth part 2, synth part 3) to the files section. The project is not finished yet but the four dsPIC33 devices are running some simple code to generate sine waves. I have to build the final low pass filter stages to the audio outputs, add the serial communication link between the synth board and the Z80 board below and link the DAC'S and ADC'S of the dsPIC's to make the final audio signal paths. *

plzgvhug 12.04.12 - 12:14am
Over the past couple of weeks ive been slowly building the final parts into the synth board and also writing the software over this easter break (when not on Prodigits!). The software is very challanging because im learning how to design things that are new to me. Im currently working on the envelope generator and the MIDI data recieve and processing routine. So it will an uphill hike for a while yet folks. *

plzgvhug 14.04.12 - 12:11am
The code for the envelope generator is mostly working now and the ATTACK phase of the envelope works and controls the amplitude of the digital oscillator and the paramaters - velocity and attack time work correctly. When the attack phase is over and it does the DECAY phase everything goes wrong. Still got some work to do here. *

plzgvhug 27.04.12 - 12:24am
Ive finaly got the DECAY phase of the envelope generator to work correctly now. Its taken my so long because i thought i could do it with just a few simple calculation but it wouldnt work right. I had to resort to looking at other peoples code to figure it out. The DECAY phase starts after the ATTACK phase and the output level falls to the SUSTAIN level. SUSTAIN is dead easy because the output level just stays the same and waits until the key is released and then do the RELEASE phase which is similar to the decay stage but falls to zero. *

6-<< 2-<

* VintageComputers Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* VintageComputers (8)

Custom Search