! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

TruthInTheBible - Topics

* TruthInTheBible > Topics

Subject: Which Bible
Replies: 15 Views: 1228
6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

airwalkr 8.08.11 - 04:55pm
That hunger for a deeper understanding should make them ask the questions. Like why does it say eagle and not angel in revelation in my bible. *

ronycal 8.08.11 - 08:07pm
I read both NIV, NKJV NASB, TEV... This is because English is like my -th language and sometimes reading them all the word hell- gehana is jehanamu in swahili which happens to be my 1st language *

iharaira 9.08.11 - 04:29pm
Shalom ! I read the Hebrew English paralell Bible . It use the NIV for the English part. *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:17pm
use a few bible translations. not a fan of old 400yr old english that no1 speaks today. *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:19pm
theres book i would recommend Truth in Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New Testament *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:20pm
book compares nine translations (from the King James Version to several 20th century translations, including the New World Translation, which i prefer the most), not with each other, but with the original Greek of the New Testament.

This is an excellent book not least because it is written for the public who have an interest in the subject of accuracy and bias in English Bible translations. but also because the same public rely upon English translations to understand God's Word today. *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* TruthInTheBible Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* TruthInTheBible (8)

Custom Search