! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Advice-On-Life - Topics

* Advice-On-Life > Topics

Subject: A Cry for HELP (comfort 4the depressed)
Replies: 10 Views: 611
6-<< 2-<

unquiet1 8.11.10 - 07:38pm
Another Brazilian woman, Sandra, worked very hard at being the perfect mother to her three children. She admits: ''I was so busy that when my father suddenly died and I, at the same time, discovered that my husband was having an affair with another woman, I did not even think about praying to God for help.'' In despair Sandra attempted to kill herself. What has helped her to recover? Her appreciation for spiritual things. ''Every night before I go to sleep, I read the Bible, and I try to identify with the people I read about. I also read the Watchtower and Awake! magazines, and I am especially fond of the life stories because they help me to be content with my lot in life.'' Knowing that Jehovah is her best friend, she has learned to be specific in her prayers. *

unquiet1 8.11.10 - 07:40pm
A Future Without Despair

What a comfort it is to know that human suffering is temporary! Under the rule of God's Kingdom, children and adults who are now victims of crime, injustice, or prejudice will rejoice. As foretold in a prophetic psalm, Jehovah's appointed King, Jesus Christ, ''will deliver the poor one crying for help, also the afflicted one and whoever has no helper.'' Moreover, ''he will feel sorry for the lowly one and the poor one, and the souls of the poor ones he will save.'' Indeed, ''from oppression and from violence he will redeem their soul, and their blood will be precious in his eyes.'' (Psalm 72:12-14).

The time for the fulfillment of those prophetic words is near. Does the thought of enjoying everlasting life on earth under such conditions appeal to you? If so, you have reason to be joyful and to cherish life as a gift from God. And if you share these comforting Scriptural promises with others, you may bring great happiness into the lives of those who cry for help in this unfeeling, loveless world. *

wingchun 15.12.10 - 10:22pm
I always thought where u get the negative thoughts and want to end it all, its like a mind battle really, u see deep down u dont want to die, u need meaning or for everything to even up. Its like a cloud of negativity surounds u and it can be awful to deal with when u have hardly no confidence yea. *

unquiet1 11.01.11 - 08:52am
these days its really hard to deal with things when many things are so negative *

6-<< 2-<

* Advice-On-Life Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* Advice-On-Life (8)

Custom Search