! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

biblequestions - Topics

* biblequestions > Topics

Subject: Is Eternal Security Biblical?
Replies: 12 Views: 1106
1-> 7->>

ray777 6.09.09 - 08:23am
Is eternal security Biblical?

Answer: When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy. God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.

The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can sna*ch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can sna*ch them out of my Father's hand (John 10:28-29b). Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?

Ephesians 4:30 tells us that believers are sealed for the day of redemption. If believers did not have eternal security, the sealing could not truly be unto the day of redemption, but only to the day of sinning, apostasy, or disbelief. John 3:15-16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life. If a person were to be promised eternal life, but then have it taken away, it was never eternal to begin with. If eternal security is not true, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

ray777 6.09.09 - 09:10am
Yes, We still need to Work on our Own Salvation, but that's because We Love Our Lord and Want To Please Him, and we are earning our rewards n hopefully crowns following OUR FATHER'S WILL~ Amen *
---

ray777 6.09.09 - 10:36pm
ITS A LABOUR OF LOVE~ AMEN *

wariaaa 22.09.09 - 04:06pm
I agree with you. I do hope what you mean when you say that we should work on our salvation is the same thing that we learn in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and not at all what we think we have done. We must remember at all times, that before we became saved, we were DEAD in our sins and could do nothing about that except God bring us to life. Please note how many times God uses the word i in Ezekiel 36:24-30 where we read:For I will take you from among the heathen and gather you out of all countries and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean, from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you and couse you to walk in my statutes and ye shall keep My Judgments and do them. TO GOD BE THE GLORY, FOR EVER AND EVER. *

ray777 23.09.09 - 08:14am
Amen... Those verses u quoted are towards the Jews in the Millenium tho... GBTG Forever~ *

wariaaa 23.09.09 - 11:57am
On the contrary ray777, the verse i quoted applys to each and every one of those that are destined for salvation. God clearly indicates that He has to do all the work required to save them. The new heart that God gives them is that of Christ so that they may be in His likeness thus becaming sons of God, while the stony hearts of theirs full of sins became Christ's and as a result of it, He died. In short, God will not and never ever share His glory with anyone. The Jews of the past portray the mordern day christians and the same same journey that they made across the wilderness is the very very same journey that all those who became savied have to make, having been set free by TRUTH Who is Christ from the house of bondage or the kingdom of satan. My regards ray777. *

ray777 27.09.09 - 03:19am
Amen.... I was referring to Phil.2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. *

1-> 7->>

* biblequestions Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* biblequestions (8)

Custom Search