! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

CouplesNotebook - Topics

* CouplesNotebook > Topics

Subject: Long distance love...
Replies: 28 Views: 2372
6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

oubaas 26.12.08 - 11:32am
8) Plan Regular Meetings
Meeting regularly is vital to the success of your long-distance relationship. As discussed in tip 1, it's important to set parameters on things like when you'll meet and how often. And when you settle on a date, it's very important that you make sure nothing interferes with it. When you cancel an in-person meeting (My friends invited me to the coast that weekend or I didn't realize finals were that week) you send a strong message that the relationship is not a priority in your life. You should be canceling other events in order to see your partner. If you're allowing other events to interfere with your get-togethers, then then you might want to reevaluate why you're in a relationship. *

oubaas 26.12.08 - 11:38am
9) Share Passions

The great thing about long-distance relationships is that you tend to get to know your partner much better than if you were physically together. As a result, you learn much more about your partner's likes, dislikes, and passions. Find something your partner is passionate about that you can get involved with. For example, maybe your partner really loves tennis and you've never played tennis. Start taking tennis lessons and discuss it with your partner. Find passions that you both can share and it will invigorate your feelings and appreciation for the relationship.

oubaas 26.12.08 - 11:39am
10) Surprise!
You often hear people say, I love surprises. Surprises are fun because they are unexpected and show how thoughtful/fun a person is. Think of things you can do that will surprise your partner. But don't overdue it because then they'll come to expect surprises. Here are a few ideas you may want to consider:

A classified ad in their local newspaper with a message just for them.

An unexpected trip to see your partner.

A video tape recording of you delivering a personal message and showing off some of your a day in the life of me events.

A set of gifts that you give your partner when he/she leaves (after meeting you in person). The number of gifts correspond to the number of weeks until you see each other again. For example, if you will see each other again in eight weeks then you give your partner eight gifts, each one numbered. Every Monday morning he/she gets to open one of the gifts. It builds anti tion and increases your thoughtfulness skill in your partner's eyes.

oubaas 26.12.08 - 11:47am
Your long distance relationship can work if you put the time and effort into making it work. As Dr. Phil says, If you're in love with somebody, you will swim the stream, you will climb the mountain, you will slay the dragon...

Source http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com/features/longdistancerelationships.html and was posted at OUBAAS WAPGROUPhttp://oubaas.wapgroups.com

This topic will appear soon at Oppie Koffie Community http://oubaas. w s 3 x.com - without spaces- *

ilovejes 26.12.08 - 11:53am
Thanks oubaas..Thats very good advice.! *

oubaas 26.12.08 - 12:22pm
It is a pleasure my friend. *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* CouplesNotebook Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* CouplesNotebook (8)

Custom Search