! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

TheTRUTH - Topics

* TheTRUTH > Topics

Subject: Bridge To A Satisfying Life
Replies: 12 Views: 1689
6-<< 2-<

den2nba 27.03.08 - 09:47pm
Jesus Arose from the Dead

Jesus Jesus' death on the cross wasn't the end of His remarkable story. He couldn't very well remain a dead Saviour. He is still very much at work in our world.

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.-1 Corinthians 15:17, 18.

Mohammed and Buddha have presented to the world some great philosophical truths. They have inspired the lives of millions of people, but they have no supernatural power to give life since they still remain in their graves.

Because Jesus rose from the tomb the third day after His death (Luke 24), what promise is He able to make to us?

I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I HOLD THE KEYS OF DEATH and Hades.-Revelation 1:18.

Only Jesus has demonstrated, by coming out of the tomb, that He can overcome the grim specter of death.

What additional promise did the resurrected Christ make to us?

Because I live, you also will live.-John 14:19.

Jesus is alive! The One who appeared after death and announced, I am the Living One, can now offer us life that is both abundant and eternal. He will live in our hearts if we invite Him in (Revelation 3:20).

Is the risen Christ present to meet our needs today?

Surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.-Matthew 28:20.

Men and women all over the world are sharing stories of how Christ has delivered them from the worst addictions and the deepest emotional traumas. A chorus of testimonies point to the power of the risen Christ.

One of our former students wrote these words of gratitude on one of his answer sheets, I was an alcoholic. One day after leaving the bar, I saw a card in the gutter advertising your Bible course. I picked it up, filled it out, and received my first true knowledge of Christ. Shortly after taking the Bible course, I offered my heart to God and lost the taste for whiskey.

Jesus took possession of this man's life and gave him the ability to overcome addiction. A new power had entered his life, one that proved stronger than his old compulsions. Because Christ is the risen Saviour, He can save all who will come to Him for help.

den2nba 27.03.08 - 09:49pm
Jesus Ascended to Heaven

Some time after His resurrection, Jesus returned to the Father:

After he [Jesus] said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.-Acts 1:9.

Just before His ascension, what promise did Jesus make to His followers?

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.-John 14:1-3.
Jesus Ministers as Heavenly Priest

Jesus constantly seeks to prepare you for a place in heaven. His whole purpose in coming, living, dying, rising from the dead, and ascending is to make salvation available to people everywhere. The following words of Scripture clearly portray His goals for us:

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death-that is, the devil-and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.... For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.-Hebrews 2:14-18.

According to this scripture, Jesus came into our world on a rescue mission:

To deliver people from the misery of enslavement to sin.

To reconcile men to God by ministering as our merciful and faithful High Priest.

To ultimately eradicate the cause of sin, suffering and death by destroying the Devil.

Jesus as our priest, our Mediator, continually appears in the Father's presence on our behalf. The same Jesus who blessed the children, rehabilitated the woman caught in adultery, and forgave the dying thief is working in heaven right now to minister to our needs. He is able to help those who are being tempted.

den2nba 27.03.08 - 09:50pm
Jesus Will Return

Before returning to heaven, what promise did Jesus make?

If I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME BACK and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.-John 14:3.

When Jesus returns, He will deliver us once-and-for-all from the sin, sickness, tragedy and death that plague this planet. He will welcome us into a new world of eternal happiness and eternal life-in the presence of God. DISCOVER guides 7 to 10 will explore what will happen when Jesus comes back.
JESUS...
CAME as God in human flesh.
LIVED a sinless life in our place.
DIED for our sins.
AROSE to deliver us from death.
ASCENDED to prepare a home for us in heaven.
MINISTERS each day as our high priest.
IS COMING SOON to take us to be with Him forever. *

den2nba 27.03.08 - 09:51pm
4. Unfailing Love

The story is told of an arranged marriage in Taiwan between U Long and a young woman named Golden Flower. When U Long lifted the veil from his bride after the ceremony, he was shocked and disgusted. The woman's face had been scarred by smallpox.

After that, U Long had as little to do with his wife as possible. She tried her best to make him happy; she worked hard at home, hoping her husband would eventually accept her. But he remained coldly indifferent to all her expressions of affection. Golden Flower lived almost like a widow.

After twelve years of this sham marriage, U Long began to lose vision in both eyes. A doctor told him he would go completely blind if he didn't have a cornea transplant. But the operation was expensive and there was a long waiting list.

Golden Flower began to work long hours in the evening making straw hats for extra money. One day, U Long was informed that someone's cornea had been made available after an accident. He rushed to the hospital to have the operation.

After he had recovered, he grudgingly decided to see his wife so he could thank her for raising the money. When he turned her bowed head so she could look at him, U Long gasped. She stared at him with sightless, blank eyes, the cornea gone. Overcome with emotion, he sank at her feet and sobbed. And then for the first time in their marriage he whispered her name: Golden Flower.

Jesus longs for a relationship with those who've been indifferent to Him for so long. He longs for us to finally whisper His name as our Saviour. He was willing to sacrifice not only His eyes but His whole body in order to demonstrate His unfailing love. His love is so powerful that Christ came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15).

Christ's great sacrifice has created a bridge that spans our indifference, that covers our alienation. Have you personally discovered that He wants to draw you over the chasm and into His arms. Will you respond and pray, Jesus, I love You. Thank You for Your incredible sacrifice. Come into my heart and save me now-save me wholly, save me completely, save me eternally? *

endtimes 7.04.08 - 10:53pm
You have blessed me with this very powerful teaching, thank you so much! *

den2nba 8.04.08 - 07:09am
you are very welcome. nevertheless thank God for using a mere mortal to spread the good tidings of salvation through Jesus Christ *

6-<< 2-<

* TheTRUTH Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* TheTRUTH (8)

Custom Search