! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 9 - Page 5/12

Subject: Windows 9
« <> »
sohil876 4.09.14 - 09:18pm

@ norega - 26.08.14 - 10:55pm
I think they will do a big u turn on the desktop operating system . They admited themselfs that the messed up bad . Windows 8 is really good on tablets but as a desktop os it sux balls and needs to dump the metro cr*p or give an option on install if you want it or not . I pray for the day linux can run all pc games becuase i would dump this windows cr*p at the drop of a hat . Windows has had its day me thinks .Once arm cpu's start running andriod on desktops windows will be in big trouble

I definetly dont want to see a OS with half assed bionic libs and a cr*ppy surface flinger wm with worse app suspension like android as a desktop, lets hope for standard linux based distros on both embedded and desktop departments. * +

norega 5.09.14 - 11:05am
Romours say there will be an option on install to decide how you want w9 to look and behave . * +

nobyboy 5.09.14 - 04:04pm

@ mok214 - 30.08.14 - 04:11am
A good OS should not need a major GUI redisign to make it better. Facepalm

Doesn't matter, its still better * +

norega 6.09.14 - 09:40am

@ sohil876 - 4.09.14 - 09:18pm
I definetly dont want to see a OS with half assed bionic libs and a cr*ppy surface flinger wm with worse app suspension like android as a desktop, lets hope for standard linux based distros on both embedded and desktop departments.

Like it or not android will be coming to desktops in the very near future . Amd and nvidia are sticking arm chips on there gpus and amd is bring a hybrid cpu with x64 and an arm cpu on the same die . Servers are switching to arm tech also as is far more efficient than current x86 / x64 tech and apples a series chips will soon power macbooks and everything else apple make . * +

sohil876 8.09.14 - 09:37pm
coming to desktop is fine there already is a x86 port of android, what i mean is i dont want it standarized on desktops like windows is. Afterall there is no point of android on desktop, plus i want my desktop to be spy free so yeah. Also arm is more efficient than x86 in power saving not performance. * +

mass1 9.09.14 - 07:59pm
There is no better windows with user friendly as windows 7... Win8 is just an handicapp version. * +

norega 10.09.14 - 12:00pm

@ sohil876 - 8.09.14 - 09:37pm
coming to desktop is fine there already is a x86 port of android, what i mean is i dont want it standarized on desktops like windows is. Afterall there is no point of android on desktop, plus i want my desktop to be spy free so yeah. Also arm is more efficient than x86 in power saving not performance.

Arm is the future as sooner than latter x86/x64 will reach its limit .Arm is pretty new tech that's highly efficient and d*mn powerful .The new a8 cpu in apples new phones si stunningly quick as is nvidias tegra . Arm is the future and thats fact . * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index