! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

upgrade CPU - Page 4/11

Subject: upgrade CPU
« <> »
alvar89 5.06.22 - 01:15pm

@ norega - 29.05.22 - 09:56pm
16 cores is cool if youre doing more than gaming. Make a RAM disk load in a game and you will see what I mean . Or benchmark it against a gen 4 nvme ,there is no contest system memory runs around 25gbs compared to the fastest nvme which I think is about 7gbs .

Its a pretty cool tech sony uses with the compression of games to reduce download size and overall size on disk. I jammed alot more games on the internal storage of the ps5 thanks to that. Only giving 600 something gb on a new console is stupid tho. I did run out of space eventually and added a 1tb 980 pro. The other good feature is the low level api in accessing the storage what gives insane load speeds in games. I compared some games on the standard sata ssd in the ps4 pro versus the ps5 version and its night and day. Being able to instantly resume the game is saving a big chunk of time. Pc needs this kind of tech asap as the games go bigger. They bogg up alot on the current way it handles the files. Having huge games instantly accessable without copying from the drive to ram and then to the video is slow. * +

norega 7.06.22 - 11:09pm

@ alvar89 - 5.06.22 - 01:15pm
Its a pretty cool tech sony uses with the compression of games to reduce download size and overall size on disk. I jammed alot more games on the internal storage of the ps5 thanks to that. Only giving 600 something gb on a new console is stupid tho. I did run out of space eventually and added a 1tb 980 pro. The other good feature is the low level api in accessing the storage what gives insane load speeds in games. I compared some games on the standard sata ssd in the ps4 pro versus the ps5 version and its night and day. Being able to instantly resume the game is saving a big chunk of time. Pc needs this kind of tech asap as the games go bigger. They bogg up alot on the current way it handles the files. Having huge games instantly accessable without copying from the drive to ram and then to the video is slow.

I notice zero loading wih gen 4 nvme in games . No stuttering to load anything anytime ever. Ps5 is cool but sold mine and kept the one x as in my opinion a better machine for sofa gaming and forza 4k ultra hd is amazing * +

alvar89 8.06.22 - 04:56pm

@ norega - 7.06.22 - 11:09pm
I notice zero loading wih gen 4 nvme in games . No stuttering to load anything anytime ever. Ps5 is cool but sold mine and kept the one x as in my opinion a better machine for sofa gaming and forza 4k ultra hd is amazing

I had a xbox one before and sold it after all the games came to pc. Ps5 i got for the exclusives. Then again they will also start coming to pc. I do like gran turismo etc. Never got into forza horizon. Will see how forza motorsport 8 turns out. * +

sisfreak2017 8.06.22 - 06:59pm
Wouldn't you prefer a Sinclair ZX Spectrum? * +

sisfreak2017 8.06.22 - 06:59pm
Wouldn't you prefer a Sinclair ZX Spectrum? * +

alvar89 9.06.22 - 03:45pm
Never had any of those old retro machines. Was luckily too poor growing up so i played outside atleast lol.gif Did have a NES clone at one point tho. * +

sisfreak2017 9.06.22 - 04:48pm
You should use your chainsaw and make a custom rustic computer out of pine trees. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index