! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

SSD - Page 4/6

Subject: SSD
« <> »
norega 4.08.13 - 12:11pm

@ 4juice - 3.08.13 - 10:57pm
I never shutdown my computer, only hibernate them so whenever i switched on, i get to my desktop within a few seconds.

I use to leave mine on 24/7 365 days of the year only shutting down to upgrade or add hardware . With ssd's my computer boots in under 8 seconds now so no need * +

norega 4.08.13 - 12:14pm
+1 but hdd's are hear to stay for long time yet .Big corporations woould rather use mechanical drives due to the fact data recovery is very easy for them and density is increasing very fast . Wont be long before we have retail 10tb drives . * +

spartan2 4.08.13 - 12:52pm

@ 4juice - 3.08.13 - 10:56pm
Yep thats the word, read files lol yea i know what it can do lol you can boot your computer fast. Besides that, (speed) what other purpose it got? Why the big hype bout it?

The big hype is that the computer responds better with virtually everything you do on it lol.gif isn't that enough? Instead of sitting waiting as the HDD thrashes and stuff loads, making this noise you can have a drive that opens stuff near instantly in silence. * +

4juice 4.08.13 - 07:41pm

@ norega - 4.08.13 - 12:11pm
I use to leave mine on 24/7 365 days of the year only shutting down to upgrade or add hardware . With ssd's my computer boots in under 8 seconds now so no need

I cant do that in tropical country like here lol saving the last memory state will do just fine. Might invest in one soon * +

newt182 4.08.13 - 11:23pm
Everyone who uses an SSD will all agree on one thing, they would hate to have to go back to using a HDD for their OS. * +

edit.or 5.08.13 - 01:02am
being that the memory is so cheap, why don't o/s's simply begin supporting running from memory? memory is even faster then ssd. with today 16GBs not being uncommon, i don't understand why such potencial is simply left unused * +

alvar89 5.08.13 - 05:19am
and every time you shut off the pc your os is gone chin ive used ram caching and ram disks but this doesnt work yet. ram gets wiped once the power is gone. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index