! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

NEW Raspberry Pi 3 - Page 3/9

Subject: NEW Raspberry Pi 3
« <> »
brett82 10.03.16 - 08:59pm
Got my pi 3 last week it's alot better than the 2 no more wifi dongles I've built mine inside a portable dvd player got 2 sd cards one with rasping and one with retropie loaded a few Roms on fun playing Mario and sonic games even n64 games play ok and some ps1 games just wish they had upped it to 2gb ram * +

usbcable 11.03.16 - 06:18pm
* +

usbcable 11.03.16 - 06:24pm

13 audio tracks playing in the Ardour recording software. * +

usbcable 21.03.16 - 07:13pm
I overclocked my RPi3 today. I got it up to 1350 MHz. I had to set over volts to 4 to make it stable. * +

usbcable 22.03.16 - 06:28pm
I've just got an old unwanted intel i5 cooler and fan. I'm thinking of removing the heat sink and mounting the RPi3 in a box with the fan mounted over the top of the pi. * +

usbcable 29.03.16 - 01:37am

In this picture I'm using the Raspberry Pi 3 to play a sound synthesizer * +

usbcable 30.03.16 - 12:57am
Oh dear... Sad.gif I've had some very bad luck tonight. I did something very stoopid !!!

I was reading up on reducing SD card wear on the raspberry pi and there's lots of discussions online about this and about using external hard drives and making partitions to save the log files and temp files etc etc... Anyway I run my system off a hard disk which makes it a lot quicker but there's still some writes going on the SD card and I thought they maybe logs and swap files and temp files. So after some messing about I got a swap file created on the ext4 partition of my hard disk. This will of reduced SD card writes quite abit but I wanted to move the log and temp locations to the hard disk. So I read up online some more and it showed adding some entry's into the /etc/fstab file. It also talked about making separate partitions for the temp and log files but I thought but I don't want to make extra partitions when I could just set locations on the ext4 partition. Do I added entry's in the fstab file, one for temp and one for log files thinking ok they will get written to the hard disk now and rebooted the raspberry pi. To my horror the system threw up all sorts of error messages on boot and then froze. ... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index