! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 9 - Page 3/12

Subject: Windows 9
« <> »
newt182 27.08.14 - 12:59pm

@ norega - 27.08.14 - 11:27am
Windows 8.1 has start menu also but its still dreadful and benchmarking games i see little difference

The 8.1 start menu is nothing like a normal one. Thanks to start is back my win 8.1 works in exactly the same way as win 7. If a normal start menu wasn't available and I had to boot to metro, or even see metro at times, I wouldn't be using Win 8. * +

newt182 27.08.14 - 01:01pm
Last time I saw metro on my computer must have been many months ago, when I chose to view it. * +

nobyboy 27.08.14 - 01:52pm
Same here newt on 8.1 I deleted all the tiles and have never used metro since I built my pc * +

norega 27.08.14 - 03:45pm
I used start is back and it still wasnt for me * +

alvar89 27.08.14 - 04:42pm
8.1 has come a long way since the original 8. This time around im not even using start is back and i like it in some weird way lol.gif if you set the same wallpaper to the modern start it makes the transition smooth and enjoyable. All the new stuff added to the menu like power button, taskbar jumping in and an x to close apps and _ to minimize them etc. The overall feel of the os is fast and fluid i really got used to it. And right clicking on the startbutton brings up most of the stuff normally in a start menu as a list anyway. * +

banbury 27.08.14 - 06:53pm
at least the 8.1 update gives you a start menu of a sort, even if its not as functional as in win 7. The 8.2 update is supposed to correct that, but that remains to be seen. * +

banbury 27.08.14 - 07:02pm

@ nobyboy - 27.08.14 - 09:28am
Nothing wrong with windows 8, with start is back it's just like 7 but faster

its faster and more secure than windows 7, but not as user friendly for desktop users, or those with non touch screen computers hence why its user base remains lower than windows 7 and even windows xp. This why microsoft have brought forward the release of windows 9. Touch screen computers still represent a small percentage of the market after all. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index