! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

NEW GPU for an old build... - Page 3/4

Subject: NEW GPU for an old build...
« <> »
jay.mack 2.08.14 - 12:51pm
been saying similar over at toms. over the next 2 years we are gonna see the demand for higher amounts of vram as the consoles develop there api's they will start using most of there shared ram for gfx. * +

norega 2.08.14 - 01:18pm

@ nobyboy - 1.08.14 - 10:02pm
isnt the 780 a beast how will you top that

It is a beast but if i sell now i can get good money for it towards the new card .Did the same with my cpu recently ,sold my 4770k for 210 and got a 4790k for 230 so 20 pounds for a slightly faster but better cooled cpu makes sense . * +

norega 2.08.14 - 01:21pm

@ jay.mack - 2.08.14 - 12:51pm
been saying similar over at toms. over the next 2 years we are gonna see the demand for higher amounts of vram as the consoles develop there api's they will start using most of there shared ram for gfx.

Think everyone has been saying this for sometime now even my 780 struggles in some games at 4k .Need more vram and more gpu muscle * +

newt182 2.08.14 - 04:50pm

@ jay.mack - 2.08.14 - 12:51pm
been saying similar over at toms. over the next 2 years we are gonna see the demand for higher amounts of vram as the consoles develop there api's they will start using most of there shared ram for gfx.

Only because we are being scammed by Nvidia and AMD. They pay the developers to purposely make the games run not quite so good so they can force us to upgrade every year or so. We will easily be on 16GB VRAM by the end of this gen of consoles. * +

norega 2.08.14 - 05:10pm
18 month upgrade cycle sounds about right to me * +

lrdbyron 16.11.14 - 02:57pm
jaymack norega and spartan still here, thought yall on consoles by now. well nvidias new cards are out now amd to follow, im currently on 2x R9 290x and very happy had 2x 780 ti's aswell but have to admit mantle is worthit no direspect to nvidia the 780s are good but for some reason the games i play plays smoother on the amd cards than on nvidia (just my 2 cents) * +

norega 16.11.14 - 08:42pm
hello yep im still here long time no see. Yeah i have the new gen consoles but pc gaming is still king for me only got the consoles for exclusives like halo , gears of war etc . Got a new micro itx build arriving tommow to replace my old x58 build that has gone pop * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index