! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

3DMark (2013) - Page 20/25

Subject: 3DMark (2013)
« <> »
spartan2 10.10.16 - 02:53pm
good2.gif It's a strange time for PC right now anyway, everyone waiting for AMD and seeing what they bring if they can finally compete after about a decade of intel dominance at the high end. Be good for the market if they can I think. * +

norega 10.10.16 - 04:06pm

@ spartan2 - 10.10.16 - 02:38pm
I'll show him the benchmarks where it clearly makes a difference in some games and I am sure he'll agree with me. Like these: [LINK]http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html [/LINK]
You do need some serious GPU performance though to make it show, as I said. Which of course many Skylake systems will have, and probably in the next 12 months more too. The main advantages are in photoshop etc though.

go over there then and tell him. im sure as the best overclocker in the world at the moment he knows more than anyone on this forum and any link we can show him . * +

norega 10.10.16 - 04:09pm

@ spartan2 - 10.10.16 - 02:47pm
The Fallout 4 result is amazing and atypical but even The Witcher 3 for example is nice, 8 frame minimum increase and 16 average between 2133 and 3600mhz. That's quite a lot, over 10 percent. Photoshop and Handbrake results are massive, which is why 6700k beats up Devil's Canyon 4790k with faster RAM, large chunk there as you can see are RAM speed.

DDR4 is obviously the future if the chipset and architecture are setup for it.

My 6 core r*pes any 4 core cpu in photoshop and 3ds max . Period * +

spartan2 11.10.16 - 12:44am

@ norega - 10.10.16 - 04:06pm
go over there then and tell him. im sure as the best overclocker in the world at the moment he knows more than anyone on this forum and any link we can show him .

Why would I want to tell some guy who just fiddles with overclocking though? I am sure he knows plenty about overclocking but it's not entirely relevant to this point. If it matters to him I am sure knows it to be true and seen the benchmarks if he is really that interested at all in the variances between RAM speeds on Skylake. I know I have because I have kinda well, tested it myself. * +

spartan2 11.10.16 - 12:54am

@ norega - 10.10.16 - 04:09pm
My 6 core r*pes any 4 core cpu in photoshop and 3ds max . Period

Nah, photoshop isn't heavily threaded. This is a puget systems test that shows hexacores are overkill really they help but not a lot
[LINK]https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-625/Conclusion[/LINK]

Rendering is another story but if you do rendering professionally you're probably better off with a proper workstation anyway. Most consumers are better off with a fast 4 core, it's a given. * +

norega 11.10.16 - 08:21am

@ spartan2 - 11.10.16 - 12:44am
Why would I want to tell some guy who just fiddles with overclocking though? I am sure he knows plenty about overclocking but it's not entirely relevant to this point. If it matters to him I am sure knows it to be true and seen the benchmarks if he is really that interested at all in the variances between RAM speeds on Skylake. I know I have because I have kinda well, tested it myself.

Yes it is relevant as not only is a the best overclkers in the world he also does most of the reviews on gear. He knows more than anyone or any link you can provide * +

norega 11.10.16 - 08:26am

@ spartan2 - 11.10.16 - 12:54am
Nah, photoshop isn't heavily threaded. This is a puget systems test that shows hexacores are overkill really they help but not a lot
[LINK]https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-625/Conclusion[/LINK]

Rendering is another story but if you do rendering professionally you're probably better off with a proper workstation anyway. Most consumers are better off with a fast 4 core, it's a given.

I do have a workstation with 64gb ram and a quadro . The 6 core murders the 4 core in nearly all complex work loads . Again if you think otherwise go tell the boss. He will laugh at you . In fact he recommends anyone upgrading from older Intel CPU,s to go x99 as it's the better platform . * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-25
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index