! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

New Raspberry Pi 3 B+ - Page 2/2

Subject: New Raspberry Pi 3 B+
« <
tranie 13.04.18 - 08:03pm
Got my 3 plus last week. I set up kodi on it the libreelec version its specially written for the raspberry pi 3 and it's fast as fk. * +

usb3.1 14.04.18 - 06:20am
Good.gif I will be buying a second Pi 3 B+ to upgrade my existing OSMC setup very soon. * +

tranie 26.04.19 - 01:34am
ok i got bored of kodi, so i was looking round for things to do with my pi. I decided to try running my own DNS server. I installed the software on a sd card and fired up the pi. Set my router to run throu my DNS server. Gotta say im well impressed, iv seen about a 50 '/. increase in speed on the web. Web pages load almost instantly and surfing between sites is much quicker. So if you got a spare raspberry pi sitting round turn it in to a DNS server, its not that hard to do thumbs_up.gif * +

norega 26.04.19 - 11:40pm
Kodi is awful on any raspberry pi . I have a raspberry pi in my car as a headless music server with a dedicated dac . Havent tried a dns but it sounds interesting may give it a go. * +

tranie 27.04.19 - 01:14pm

@ norega - 26.04.19 - 11:40pm
Kodi is awful on any raspberry pi . I have a raspberry pi in my car as a headless music server with a dedicated dac . Havent tried a dns but it sounds interesting may give it a go.

have a look at pi hole [link]https://pi-hole.net/[/link] not only a dns server but also a dhcp server and an ad blocker. Its pretty cool. * +

tranie 17.05.19 - 08:19pm
so after the sucess of setting up my dns server, i decided to plug in a spare rpi2 and try my hand at setting up a webserver. I can safely say you can run your own website off a rpi2 nod.gif i have a wordpress site set up on mine. Reading all the blurb on the subject, they reccon that it should easily handle moderate traffic. I already have 4 reseller hosting accounts so i could of just ran the site from one of those, but thought id try self hosting. Took me about an hour to set up [link]https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/lamp-web-server-with-wordpress[/link] * +

tranie 2.11.20 - 05:45pm
Raspberry pi 400 is out, based on the pi 4 it's a complete computer in a keyboard. 95 GBP

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index