! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Anti-virus - Page 2/2

Subject: Anti-virus
« <
a.m.d 14.03.18 - 01:58am
I'm technical manager at an ISP, so I surf the net quite a bit. Among other things. I use ad blockers on my browsers along with Defender. Haven't had any malware on my PC since I kicked Avast out (used to be the best free AV out there until it became a system hog like AVG). Not saying Defender is the best out there, but it does the job for me. * +

iminuru 14.03.18 - 04:13am

@ a.m.d - 14.03.18 - 01:58am
I'm technical manager at an ISP, so I surf the net quite a bit. Among other things. I use ad blockers on my browsers along with Defender. Haven't had any malware on my PC since I kicked Avast out (used to be the best free AV out there until it became a system hog like AVG). Not saying Defender is the best out there, but it does the job for me.

Nice, n great. I haven't got as such back ground as You, I am only a surfer and love to read any books on technical, computer, mathematics etc subjects. Still I get a lot of malwares and adwares, It may be due to Windows OS. I dont know about You, but my experiences is that its almost impossible to avoide malwares/adwares, depending on adblockers/windows defender only. Thats why I say give a try to malwarebytes and adwarecleaner, I am sure, You will be astonished to see the result. * +

a.m.d 16.03.18 - 03:55pm
I do run stuff like SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes from time to time, but like I said, I rarely get anything odd. I am relatively careful when I do go online though, so maybe that's why. Make sure both your browser, add-ons and OS are up to date, get something like Adblock or uBlock for your browsers and run something like Glary Utilities and/or CCleaner on a regular basis to clean out anything that might get left over from a browsing session and you should be fine. Anti-virus software has always been overrated. * +

iminuru 16.03.18 - 05:31pm
reading.gif

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark