! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

NEW Raspberry Pi 3 - Page 2/9

Subject: NEW Raspberry Pi 3
« <> »
usbcable 5.03.16 - 10:30am
Soo... I've been running my new RPi3 and it works superbly. I installed a heat sink on the top of the CPU as it gets much warmer than previous RPi's do.
After testing out the setup installed to an 8GB SD card I made the OS installation on a Samsung 500 GB SSD and edited the config text file to make boot switch to the SSD.
The speed of booting and launching apps becomes even quicker.
Then I proceeded to install all the software I've been using and testing on previous RPi's. * +

john_163 5.03.16 - 11:05am
whats does this Raspberry Pi 3 actually do? is it a phone or something like a tablet? * +

usbcable 5.03.16 - 04:40pm

@ john_163 - 5.03.16 - 11:05am
whats does this Raspberry Pi 3 actually do? is it a phone or something like a tablet?

It's anything you want it to do. You can use it as a full desktop computer running word, excel, PowerPoint or play games on it, use for programming, video and photo editing. Make it into a phone or tablet or you can use it in things like a radio controlled quadracopter or a robot or a handheld device such as a GPS map display or in car satnav. It could be the controller for your 3D printer or your home security system or your media Center much like iTunes but better. The uses are endless. Nod.gif * +

john_163 6.03.16 - 03:55am
intrestng..when u said gameing, does this include games like fifa 16? etc.. also just checkd the price pretty cheap..this could come very handy.. but stil confused hw it works i see only the chip, for 3k ,do u have to buy other things seprate? like ram, gpu etc? does this come built in inside the chip * +

usbcable 6.03.16 - 01:46pm

@ john_163 - 6.03.16 - 03:55am
intrestng..when u said gameing, does this include games like fifa 16? etc.. also just checkd the price pretty cheap..this could come very handy.. but stil confused hw it works i see only the chip, for 3k ,do u have to buy other things seprate? like ram, gpu etc? does this come built in inside the chip

The sort of games that run on it are like zx spectrum games or play station two games but you need emulators to run these. Also shooters like quake 3 and doom also mine craft. It's still early days and there is testing of the new open GL graphics drivers at the moment and this promises to bring better gaming..

The CPU, RAM, GPU, everything is built onto the board. To make it work you need to buy a power supply and a micro SD card to install an operating system. Then you plug in a keyboard and mouse and a screen and switch the power on and it boots up fast. * +

john_163 8.03.16 - 11:24am
tnxx man ..il try to get it * +

usbcable 10.03.16 - 06:33pm
The Raspberry Pi 3 just gets better and better.
I successfully proved multitrack audio recording is possible. I connected a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 Audio interface to the RPi3's USB port. Configured Jack for driver settings and ran Ardour recording software. First testing the setup for recording and playback. Next I took one of my old projects I recorded with logic and bounced each track out from the project individually and imported them into Ardour. A total of 13 tracks playing in Ardour on the RPi 3 and only using 15 percent of the CPU. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index