! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Raspberry Pi B+ - Page 2/4

Subject: Raspberry Pi B+
« <> »
usbcable 7.01.15 - 12:02am
It's amazing what you can do with it nod.gif I had mine connected to a Samsung portable USB CD/DVD writer today . I was able to read files off data CD's. Also play music CDs and burn a movie file to a blank DVD.

Next I want to get a Bluetooth adapter and then experiment with running the entire system off some solar panels. * +

usbcable 18.01.15 - 03:35pm
I love how the raspberry pi can play DVD's in raspbmc hurray.gif * +

3mel 20.01.15 - 04:05am
so do you write routines for it in Linux commands or does it have a higher level language ? * +

tranie 20.01.15 - 12:37pm
you can find ready made images for the raspberry pi, all over the internet, anything from minecraft servers, to a skype clone. download to your computer and burn onto your sd card. I added openvpn to my image of raspbmc i had to use linux commands, it took me 3 or 4 attempts as i kept getting lost on how to set up a security certificate but i got there in the end. * +

usbcable 20.01.15 - 11:54pm

@ 3mel - 20.01.15 - 04:05am
so do you write routines for it in Linux commands or does it have a higher level language ?

You can write scripts in Linux and also many programming languages such as Python or 'C' * +

3mel 21.01.15 - 03:49am
OK so as it's partly aimed at kids learning to use tech, does it tie into any courses on these languages too ? * +

usbcable 21.01.15 - 09:02pm
Yes it is an educational device and it's very suitable to use on programming language courses since Python is the same on raspberry pi as it is on a PC. Same got 'C' mostly too. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index