! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

THX TruStudio Pro - Page 2/3

Subject: THX TruStudio Pro
« <> »
mok214 13.12.14 - 01:20am
It sounds like that is a registry error. There used to be a free program called CC Cleaner that can correct all those errors. * +

john_163 13.12.14 - 10:17am
yea i have cc cleaner..but is it safe to delet reg?? will some of my other apps b effectd???? * +

kazannts 13.12.14 - 02:40pm
If you're not confident to delete individual registry entries, let ccleaner scan registry and it should find the problem. It's perfectly safe if you know what you're doing.
* +

kazannts 13.12.14 - 02:50pm
Right.
Do you remember what errors you got during install?
If it worked, why set a restore point and uninstall? The problem you're having is almost certainly caused by the restore you did. Reinstall realtek and sb drivers, reinstall all software you need at the most up to date version you can find. Manually deleting anything, when you don't know what you're doing, is not a good idea and unfortunately you're finding out why. What the restore did is leave the software on the programs list but remove the actual files, that's why you're not able to uninstall it. * +

john_163 13.12.14 - 03:37pm
well i did restore point coz the ifx mb messdup sound files..n it was a old version..n i couldnt unistall it it used to say close program on background n run it again...altough i restard pc same...so did restore point...wen i had unistalld thx ...after dat dat xif mb was gone thx was der but couldnt uninstall it shows nt..n den da app says no sound device * +

kazannts 13.12.14 - 06:53pm
Can only think of 2 solutions. Check in bios that on board sound is set to AUTO or OFF. Auto MAY be causing a conflict, I remember much older soundblasters had to be fiddled with in regards to settings conflicting.
What I'd suggest is roll back to the restore point you set yourself, reinstall all drivers freshly, when you restart, check onboard audio settings in bios and then let windows restart. Chances are if there's a known conflict, it'll be on the Internet somewhere, most likely on creative's Web page. * +

kazannts 13.12.14 - 06:56pm
Rolling back the the point you set SHOULD restore all files you manually deleted. In doing so, it won't ''uninstall'' the sound cards software, it'll still be there, it just won't be registered in windows as an installed program, you see? So all you'll need to do then I is reinstall it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index