! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

INSTALLING WIN 7 ON WIN 8 LAPTOP - Page 2/2

Subject: INSTALLING WIN 7 ON WIN 8 LAPTOP
« <
banbury 10.11.14 - 04:23am
yes thats a wise idea, I could clone the drive before I format it. * +

norega 10.11.14 - 06:44am
I had a nightmare installing windows 7 on my new laptop that came with windows 8 . The normal way insert disc,delete partition,clean install would not work and through up errors no matter how many times i tried it. The way i did it in the end was to remove the drive and format it in another machine then put it back in the laptop and it worked and installed as it normally does. * +

alvar89 10.11.14 - 09:14am
I couldnt just install from a disk also on a dell. I dont really remember how i did it but i messed around in the bios and if i remember right i also used my desktop to format the drive. There was something in the bios to change also you can google the model and see if someone has done it on that samsung allready. * +

alvar89 10.11.14 - 09:16am
Dell had its own custom bios and startup cr*p to bypass which caused problems if i remember right. Maybe samsung just lets you do it straight with no hassle. * +

norega 10.11.14 - 10:23am
My laptop is a toshiba qosmio x70 so i would not recommend that model if you want an easy install of windows 7 . The bios had a drive lock as its called on the toshiba bios but even when that was disabled it still had a hissy fit when i tried installing w7 . Formating the drive in another machine did the trick ,although i binned the drive after a month as mechanical drives are so slow when you are use to ssd drives. Even a small 256gb drive holds everything i need in a laptop including the odd game
* +

banbury 20.11.14 - 12:05am
agree 256gb should be enough for most people, and now they have come down in price its certainly worth considering. Having said that, I think standard laptop hard drives are designed more for low energy consumption these days rather than speed. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index