! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

figure this - Page 2/3

Subject: figure this
« <> »
manszar 23.10.14 - 03:23pm
2 other benchmarks ran fine. no problems with memtest. and no problems running any games. crazy.gif * +

newt182 23.10.14 - 11:35pm
So from what you have said, the problem is isolated to 3DMark on your computer, but we know there isn't a problem with the graphics card, the RAM or the PSU. So maybe a software conflict somewhere (I know you said you reinstalled Windows) or maybe the motherboard.

''2 other benchmarks ran fine''. Do you mean 2 other benchmark programs or the 2 other benchmarks in 3DMark? (There are 2 before Firestrike iirc, right?) * +

newt182 23.10.14 - 11:39pm
Maybe try removing/disconnecting everything in your PC apart from what is needed to boot and run 3DMark, reset to default BIOS, close all programs not needed, just leave one RAM module in your motherboard and go through all the motherboard slots (to test each memory slot) running Firestrike. * +

mok214 24.10.14 - 03:38am

@ manszar - 23.10.14 - 03:23pm
2 other benchmarks ran fine. no problems with memtest. and no problems running any games. crazy.gif

Yay.gif * +

manszar 24.10.14 - 09:14am

@ newt182 - 23.10.14 - 11:35pm
So from what you have said, the problem is isolated to 3DMark on your computer, but we know there isn't a problem with the graphics card, the RAM or the PSU. So maybe a software conflict somewhere (I know you said you reinstalled Windows) or maybe the motherboard.

''2 other benchmarks ran fine''. Do you mean 2 other benchmark programs or the 2 other benchmarks in 3DMark? (There are 2 before Firestrike iirc, right?)

yes reinstalled windows, so not software conflict, and ran furmark and catzilla fine. the othe benchmarks on 3dmark did run fine. but it did crash on the skydiving one last time I ran it. * +

manszar 24.10.14 - 09:21am

@ newt182 - 23.10.14 - 11:39pm
Maybe try removing/disconnecting everything in your PC apart from what is needed to boot and run 3DMark, reset to default BIOS, close all programs not needed, just leave one RAM module in your motherboard and go through all the motherboard slots (to test each memory slot) running Firestrike.

yesterday I started to think I should just not run 3dmark and live with it, but I cant do it. I must find out whats going on. ive got both pcs on the table and im not going to bed till its fixed. just hooked up the old power supply to the kids pc. if it runs fine then I can definitely rule out power supply. and taken the cpu fan noise reducing cable from the cpu fan. fingers crossed. * +

manszar 24.10.14 - 09:22am

@ newt182 - 23.10.14 - 11:39pm
Maybe try removing/disconnecting everything in your PC apart from what is needed to boot and run 3DMark, reset to default BIOS, close all programs not needed, just leave one RAM module in your motherboard and go through all the motherboard slots (to test each memory slot) running Firestrike.

thanks this will be done if all else fails. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum