! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

virgin superhub settings - Page 2/5

Subject: virgin superhub settings
« <> »
mok214 13.09.14 - 11:44pm
Oops.gif Wrong topic. Facepalm.gif * +

kazannts 14.09.14 - 12:01pm

@ norega - 13.09.14 - 10:12pm
1 its range is dreadfull .I have the superhub and at just 30 feet to my front room the speed is shocking and i can even pick up the piece of cr*p in my garden with my ipad . With my bullion router i get full speed connection even at the end of my street .2 it has no usb support the socket is there but not supported so no network usb storage.3 Did i say its range is cr*p? 4 its got limited memory onboard that effects multiple connections and it struggles bad with more than 3 devices running 1080p video. 5 it has a single core cpu that in this day and age it a joke .5 Its no way worth 70-100 pounds more like 50 top . Bypass it and use a decent router the benifits are woth it . Most people that no fk all about netwoking will say its fine and dandy but even a cheap router from someone like tplink will outperform it greatly . Just google search how bad the piece of cr*p is .

I never had any problems with Signal strength, range or multiple devices connected. Had 2 TV, br player, 360, ps3, 2 laptops, 1 kindle, wii and 2 tablets, ,none of them suffered from lag either inside or outside. Oh yes, I could pick it up in the entire garden and why would you want to go online at the end of your road? * +

norega 14.09.14 - 03:06pm
Have you had them all connected at once streaming 1080p video ? I tried and its imposible with that pos . And im just saying the range is cr*p of the superhub and that my router is far superior and that its range is greater and faster . My gardens 80 feet and standing at the back garden with my patio open i can see the router in the hallway near my front door around 120 feet i guess and no signal at all . The bullion gives me 100 percent signal and speed . * +

norega 14.09.14 - 03:07pm
Like i said a quick google search and a look on virgin forums will highlight how cr*p this pos is . * +

kazannts 14.09.14 - 05:23pm
No single person, or family, would stream 1080p video on that many devices at the same time. * +

norega 14.09.14 - 05:39pm

@ kazannts - 14.09.14 - 05:23pm
No single person, or family, would stream 1080p video on that many devices at the same time.

Correct but i just did it to see how my new router would hande it and it did without a hitch .The virgin hub could just about hande 3 devices before getting chopy and buffering . * +

kazannts 14.09.14 - 07:04pm
Which is pretty much what the average family uses at once, so what's the difference?
* +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum