! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 9 - Page 2/12

Subject: Windows 9
« <> »
spartan2 26.08.14 - 11:04pm
I might pre order it then if I can get a discount. Win 8 has a great kernel and a turd GUI. Win 9 has a better kernel and a good GUI it'll be class. If I can get it early and cheap I'll give it a shot on my desktop. Be ready for DX12 I suppose * +

norega 27.08.14 - 12:03am
Yeah i will pre order a few copys as you can always get it cheap and sell it on if you dont like it or its poo * +

banbury 27.08.14 - 01:08am
according to Techradar.com windows 9 will be a free update for windows 8.1 users. There are also rumours claiming it will be available free for users of older operating systems too, specifically windows vista and windows xp. At first I thought that unlikely, but then microsoft are desperate to get people off windows xp, so its very possible. * +

banbury 27.08.14 - 01:10am
and I think they would do anything to get people off windows xp lol, meaning this time around its a strong possibility. Statistics also reveal that most xp users that are upgrading are opting for windows 7 rather than windows 8, and while that may not sound surprising it could further increase the chances in windows 9 being a free upgrade. * +

nobyboy 27.08.14 - 09:28am
Nothing wrong with windows 8, with start is back it's just like 7 but faster * +

norega 27.08.14 - 11:27am
Windows 8.1 has start menu also but its still dreadful and benchmarking games i see little difference * +

norega 27.08.14 - 11:31am
Microsoft know windows 8 is a massive c*ck up and i think they will fix it with windows 9 . Give people the option on installing to not have any metro cr*p job done * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index