! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Dell inspiron mini 1011 overheating help please - Page 2/3

Subject: Dell inspiron mini 1011 overheating help please
« <> »
banbury 17.07.14 - 10:09pm
is the fan working? cos its hard to imagine an intel atom generating much heat. if it isn't working you must stop using the netbook otherwise the overheating may cause other components to fail. It will certainly run windows xp faster but most netbooks can be upgraded to a max of 2gb ram which would help with windows 7. Xp is very insecure online now. Also if you have the full version of win 7 installed deactivate aero which will improve performance. * +

kenny160 18.07.14 - 06:08am
thanks @banbury it doesnt have fan atal * +

mok214 18.07.14 - 01:25pm
A trick that I use on my laptop to keep it cool is to set Flexi-Freeze ice sheets underneath it.
I don't think they are available over where you live, but you might see if they are available at Amazon. Com. * +

kenny160 18.07.14 - 04:05pm
wow that will be fine is that software or what? please sheild more light * +

mok214 19.07.14 - 02:53am
[link]http://www.amazon.com/Flexi-Freeze-Refreezable-Sheets-pack/dp/B001PTGO5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8qid=1405734630sr=8-1keywords=flexi+freeze+ice+sheets[/link]

They are huge, but you can trim them down with scissors.
Beware of other ice sheets because they are often sponges that you have to pour water on and freeze. Flexi Freeze are like sheets of plastic wrapped ice cubes. You only have to set them in the freezer to freeze, use then repeat.
Igloo makes a version of them too, but the plastic is too thin for any durability. * +

kenny160 19.07.14 - 05:00am
thanx soo much i can see it but as you said ealier is not here in my country atal * +

mok214 20.07.14 - 01:10am
Idea.gif You might try getting a heavy duty zip lock freezer bag, filling it with water and putting it in the freezer. I would suggest sitting something like a cutting board or a large book on top so you have two flat surfaces. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index