! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

2 OS in 1 laptop? - Page 2/3

Subject: 2 OS in 1 laptop?
« <> »
banbury 3.07.14 - 09:26pm
linux will usually give you the option to either replace windows or to install alongside windows which is the most popular choice. It should ask you how much space to allocate if your dual booting, but linux doesnt need much. The process is virtually pain free * +

d14nova 3.07.14 - 10:49pm
except for save money reason do I have another reason to use linux if I would build new PC without window OS because window OS seems very complete and almost perfect work for me as common user computer? how can I find a group or someone to consulate my problem with linux? * +

banbury 13.07.14 - 03:29am
join the linux community where its easy to get support. They help with drivers and all sorts, very helpfull lot, google it. * +

d14nova 14.07.14 - 12:15am
yes thanks, is that true linux save from viruses even more save from viruses than window? * +

norega 15.07.14 - 01:16pm
You can install linux onto a usb stick it has such a small install. Iinux mint is what i use and its a great os . * +

banbury 17.07.14 - 09:50pm
its more secure online than any version of windows. with regards to dual booting with windows 7, its usually best to install the older operating system first, but you may not have that option because new laptops don't normally come with a windows installation disc. although its been like that for a long time now. * +

banbury 17.07.14 - 09:53pm

@ norega - 15.07.14 - 01:16pm
You can install linux onto a usb stick it has such a small install. Iinux mint is what i use and its a great os .

Yes linux mint is very lightweight too meaning it can run easily on old computers. But on a modern machine it will fly obviously. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index