! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

chrome and firefox - Page 2/4

Subject: chrome and firefox
« <> »
sox 16.02.14 - 01:49am
addons an flash player can have a huge impact on browser performance. i just changed flash player setting in fx 27 portable to ''ask to activate'', it helped some in start up an browsing * +

banbury 16.02.14 - 04:02am
yes guess I will have to look into this further when I get chance. While nobody expects a netbook to be a speed demon, the browsers were so unresponsive it was just far too frustrating. It was like trying to run windows vista on a 14 year old computer, yes really that bad. Slow as a dog, unresponsive and freezing with both firefox and chrome. Yet opera is fine. * +

metulj 16.02.14 - 12:22pm

@ banbury - 15.02.14 - 03:53pm
the fact is, it appeared to be running more efficiently on the full version of windows 7! Is that surprising iam not sure? Microsoft told us starter was geared up for netbooks, or is it just a bit of a con just so the computer can be sold cheaper?

Win 7 Starter is exactly what you've said.. a CON !
IMO there should be only ONE single windows version !
why do we need:
- Starter
- Home Basic
- Home Premium
- Professional
- Ultimate
- Enterprise
???
We only need one single version...
windows 7, clear and simple... * +

laris02 16.02.14 - 02:50pm
always have used ff and probably always will. not a single problem. even with old pcs. * +

laris02 16.02.14 - 02:53pm
u get best performance and best addons, and they actually care about the brighter future of internet. * +

heartbreakkid 21.02.14 - 09:54am
I own a 2 nd gen i7. hp dv6. With 1 tb harddisk and 8 gb 1333 ddr3 ram I never noticed any slower performance but yes it gets hot like a toaster so I always carry 2 fan cooling pad. But again it's unwise to compare a netbook with a laptop. Lol when I purchased it. They labelled it as a gaming laptop. Lol. Hilarious. got it at Amazingly cheap price in bangkok. At hp showroom * +

banbury 22.02.14 - 03:15am
well as I said earlier they reckon a single core netbook is more or less equivalent to a mid range desktop from 2003. ive got a core i7 laptop myself at home with the same 1tb hd and 8gb ram you have but I prefer not to take it to work because I have a nasty habit of pouring cups of tea over laptops at work. I have got other full size laptops too, but the netbook is just easier to carry to my place of work considering all the other clobber I also have to take in too. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index