! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Virus on my laptop - Page 2/4

Subject: Virus on my laptop
« <> »
jayden.b 6.04.12 - 01:05am
I got no virus the software is fake it block me from the net via firewall * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:12am
Malware then, same thing. * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:13am
1It is possible that the rogue will not allow you to run a malware removal tools, then you will need to reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking.Restart your computer. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.Instead of Windows loading as normal, Windows Advanced Options menu appears similar to the one * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:13am
below. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with networking and then press ENTER.2Windows Care Taker virus changes Internet Explorer proxy settings to use a malicious proxy server that will not allow you download or update security software. So, you should complete this step to fix this problem.Run Internet Explorer, Click Tools - Internet Options as as shown in the screen below. * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:14am
Select Connections Tab and click to Lan Settings button. You will see an image similar as shown below. Uncheck Use a proxy server box. Click OK to close Lan Settings and Click OK to close Internet Explorer settings.3Now you should download Malwarebytes Anti-malware and remove all Windows Care Taker associated malware.Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer.Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:14am
start the installation of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Once installation is complete, you will see window similar to the one below. Now click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer for Windows Care Taker associated malware. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.When the scan is finished a message box will appear that it has completed scanning successfully. Click OK. Now click Show Results. Make sure all entries have a checkmark at their far left and * +

newt182 6.04.12 - 01:15am
click Remove Selected. 4 Windows Care Taker may change the Windows system HOSTS file so you need reset this file with the default version for your operating system. Please download OTM by OldTimer from here and save it to desktop. Run OTM, copy, then paste the following text in Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved textarea (under the yellow bar): :Commands (resethosts) Click the red Moveit! button. Close OTM. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index