! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

3DMark (2013) - Page 19/25

Subject: 3DMark (2013)
« <> »
alvar89 10.10.16 - 07:09am
Is it possible that especially the xbone ports lately on pc will benefit from faster ram chin.gif My ram scores the same on 1600mhz also lol the 1866 oc does not give me any more than just that number lol. * +

norega 10.10.16 - 09:29am

@ alvar89 - 10.10.16 - 07:04am
I feel like i would be a fool upgrading my cpu if the latest is only a little bit faster. I would like a 8 core but those things are too expensive lol. Wonder how much the i5s will hold back a gtx 1070. The higher framerate demands cpu more what you have with your 12hz monitor so you get a benefit. I Went to 4k and 120hz is not possible lol 60fps is ok on the 3770k still.

I wouldnt bother upgrading your cpu it would be a massive waste of money . I have a 5820k in my graphics / video editing machine and tried gaming with it and you get very mixed results and deffinetly would not be worth changing my 4870k in my gaming pc and i would say the same for you . If you do have the upgrade bug wait for Zen as its reported to be very competetive and will hopefully drive prices down as intels prices are a joke at the moment . And we may also get mainstream 8 core from inetl at last * +

norega 10.10.16 - 09:33am

@ alvar89 - 10.10.16 - 07:09am
Is it possible that especially the xbone ports lately on pc will benefit from faster ram chin.gif My ram scores the same on 1600mhz also lol the 1866 oc does not give me any more than just that number lol.

Faster ram has very little diffrence in gaming . Go over to overclockers there is a thread from 8pack one of the worlds best overclockers and he does hundreds of tests and again there is no point for gaming having fast ram . for video/graphics editing it is a huge deal though. * +

spartan2 10.10.16 - 12:42pm
Faster ram helps Skylake on several games but you need a great deal of GPU performance though to see it and some games more than others. Skylake benefits best here specifically. It can often be the biggest difference between Broadwell on DDR3. On photoshop and handbrake which I have been using a lot it makes a huge difference. Handbrake is brilliant for just crushing down movies with x265 and different ram alone can take minutes off an encode * +

norega 10.10.16 - 01:40pm

@ spartan2 - 10.10.16 - 12:42pm
Faster ram helps Skylake on several games but you need a great deal of GPU performance though to see it and some games more than others. Skylake benefits best here specifically. It can often be the biggest difference between Broadwell on DDR3. On photoshop and handbrake which I have been using a lot it makes a huge difference. Handbrake is brilliant for just crushing down movies with x265 and different ram alone can take minutes off an encode

Go tell that to 8pack then as the test he done show little to no diffrence . The only time ram makes a diffrence is in video and graphics work thus being the main reason i got a 5820k build over a 6700k as faster bandwith and more cores r*pes the 4 core cpu's * +

spartan2 10.10.16 - 02:38pm
I'll show him the benchmarks where it clearly makes a difference in some games and I am sure he'll agree with me. Like these: [LINK]http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html [/LINK]
You do need some serious GPU performance though to make it show, as I said. Which of course many Skylake systems will have, and probably in the next 12 months more too. The main advantages are in photoshop etc though. * +

spartan2 10.10.16 - 02:47pm
The Fallout 4 result is amazing and atypical but even The Witcher 3 for example is nice, 8 frame minimum increase and 16 average between 2133 and 3600mhz. That's quite a lot, over 10 percent. Photoshop and Handbrake results are massive, which is why 6700k beats up Devil's Canyon 4790k with faster RAM, large chunk there as you can see are RAM speed.

DDR4 is obviously the future if the chipset and architecture are setup for it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-25
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index