! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Powers Off Suddenly - Page 1/2

Subject: Powers Off Suddenly
Replies: 12 Views: 867
> »
john_163 20.07.23 - 02:37pm
so been long time no problem laugh.gif, now since two days..i turned on my pc it booted and then suddenly it went off. then i tried to turn back on i wont start, tired to unplug the psu cable and the cable on mobo after 2-3 tries it worked no issue..then nxt again same issue * +

john_163 20.07.23 - 02:40pm
i removed, gpu cables, mobo cables, ram it works but after few tries, even tried to use a different switch to power on psu it wouldnt start but after hitting the case or just trying to push same cables it will start with no issue, then again same nxt day wont start unless i move the case or try to push random cables on mobo n psu.. * +

john_163 20.07.23 - 02:46pm
so same today what i did was removed the pins of case reset on and of switch connected to mobo reinserted those pins back apart on and off switch, and turnd of my pc and tried to switch on after and hour via the screw driver , it starts up so far without powering off by it self after few min.. confused2.gif will try and wait for 2-3 hrs n check back if i power on by the screw driver n see if it turns off in few min by it self or not..what do you think its a psu issue? or its the case switch? but if its the case switch it shouldn't power off isn't it? * +

john_163 21.07.23 - 10:37am
ok seems.its fixed ..looks like my case power switch is the culprit..been useing the screw driver to power on via the mobo and its working normal no issue.. is there a way to replace the case switch or do i have to get a new case? * +

alvar89 22.07.23 - 08:19am
Did you get a new psu for your 3060 or still running a fire hazard? * +

alvar89 22.07.23 - 08:28am
You can install another switch and its not hard to do. Can either take one out from a old pc or buy one of those you can insert in a hole and fasten with a nut. It has to be a push button switch not one that locks in place. They are the easiest just drill a hole and install. Look clean also. Another option is to just use the restart button. * +

john_163 22.07.23 - 01:54pm

@ alvar89 - 22.07.23 - 08:19am
Did you get a new psu for your 3060 or still running a fire hazard?

na still the same no issues max the gpu with undervolt uses 171 watts with cpu at max 34 watts i keep monitoring with msi after burn..my cpu are all stock with POB all disabled * +

john_163 22.07.23 - 01:56pm

@ alvar89 - 22.07.23 - 08:28am
You can install another switch and its not hard to do. Can either take one out from a old pc or buy one of those you can insert in a hole and fasten with a nut. It has to be a push button switch not one that locks in place. They are the easiest just drill a hole and install. Look clean also. Another option is to just use the restart button.

thnks..but seems the button is working..to much dust inside and on the pins of the mobo..took a brush and cleand..i was thinking of getting a psu but then decided to better check everything before wasting any money..glad it got fix lol.gif * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search