! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Any Idea How To Fix Bad Sectors? - Page 1/1

Subject: Any Idea How To Fix Bad Sectors?
Replies: 3 Views: 457

eddicts 21.11.22 - 05:22pm
Well,I got myself 6TB SSD drive yesterday but i didnt format it.I directly copy some files into it and by this morning,sh*t happen,Run chkdsk no results but when i tried with 3rd party app,I shocked me.Almost blocks are RED which bad or damaged.Any idea how to fix this issue? *

alvar89 21.11.22 - 07:10pm
Used? *

norega 21.11.22 - 10:27pm
Best thing to do would be download the official tool for the hard drive from the manufacture and over provision the drive and use the tool to format and fix the bad sectors . You will find most ssds have small amounts of bad sectors thats just the way flash memory works or it could just be errors from windows formatting which can sometime mess up ssds and the reason manufacturers recommend using official tools to do it *

eddicts 21.12.22 - 05:20pm
Thanks for the reply but i guess i got scammed,Those were not SSD but hdd,It is a 6TB drive but when i tried to scan and repair with hdd regenarator,It took almost 4 days over.When im done with the scan,I did a quick check via disk management and i notice that this probably fake hdd have 'partition' that wont go away.I choose to fix it by many way including wipe the entire disk but the 'partition' within the fake hdd still existed.I guess i should throw this away then. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search