! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

USB PORTS - Page 2/3

Subject: USB PORTS
« <> »
7stars 17.09.22 - 03:32am

@ alvar89 - 14.09.22 - 11:23pm
Odd. Something shorting out the chipset that provides the usb maybe. How were you able to reinstall windows without the keyboard and mouse working?

Hi, I used my other pc to install windows. * +

sisfreak2017 17.09.22 - 07:41am

@ alvar89 - 16.09.22 - 10:08pm
No. That is just your ruined mind thinking that. If you make love to your electronics that might also be the reason it malfunktions. I was referring to forcing wrong connections into the usb ports like the hdmi or tv antenna.

Fortunately, in my case it was my friend who caught her foot on the printer lead and that also pulled on a headset or something else's lead and it damaged two ports.

If the pins are damaged, you need to either rip them out or separate them and fill the void with something that'll ensure they don't touch together; I ripped them out and filled the void with hot melt jizz. * +

alvar89 17.09.22 - 09:30am

@ sisfreak2017 - 17.09.22 - 07:41am
Fortunately, in my case it was my friend who caught her foot on the printer lead and that also pulled on a headset or something else's lead and it damaged two ports.

If the pins are damaged, you need to either rip them out or separate them and fill the void with something that'll ensure they don't touch together; I ripped them out and filled the void with hot melt jizz.

i once stepped on the front usb ports that had things plugged in. It destroyed 2 ports along with shorting out the pc. I just unplugged the ports from the mobo back then. On a desktop pc its not hard to replace them. Would of saved you your spunk that way and keep it for the curtains were normally it goes lol.gif * +

alvar89 17.09.22 - 09:35am

@ 7stars - 17.09.22 - 03:32am
Hi, I used my other pc to install windows.

Modern windows detects drivers itself so it must be a hardware problem. Might be something shorting out the usb. Try unplugging the extra usb ports from the fronpanel or where they are located. Plug in only the essential things needed to run the pc. See if it helps. Otherwise im afraid the motherboard is done for. What computer is it? * +

sisfreak2017 18.09.22 - 01:40am

@ alvar89 - 17.09.22 - 09:30am
i once stepped on the front usb ports that had things plugged in. It destroyed 2 ports along with shorting out the pc. I just unplugged the ports from the mobo back then. On a desktop pc its not hard to replace them. Would of saved you your spunk that way and keep it for the curtains were normally it goes lol.gif

lol.gif The the curtains are way too far awayblush.gif. Fleur's hair is much nearer. Innocent.gif.

Unfortunately the desktop PC's ports that were damaged was soldered to the main board, so unplugging them wasn't an option. * +

alvar89 18.09.22 - 02:42pm

@ sisfreak2017 - 18.09.22 - 01:40am
lol.gif The the curtains are way too far awayblush.gif. Fleur's hair is much nearer. Innocent.gif.

Unfortunately the desktop PC's ports that were damaged was soldered to the main board, so unplugging them wasn't an option.

Could of desoldered them and add new ones lol.gif * +

sisfreak2017 19.09.22 - 11:41am
I just put a usb card in it and gained another two ports. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page