! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

DEAD HDD OR FAULTY CABLE? - Page 1/2

Subject: DEAD HDD OR FAULTY CABLE?
Replies: 11 Views: 2849
> »
john_163 7.12.20 - 01:22am
ok here's what happened..my old hdd never showed any signs of dying or anything else, all i did was i left clicked on the hdd property's went to security tab, advance and changed the ownership to everyone insted of the admin i got some error couldnt change it, then i tryed putting as guest as owner again so error, then i chose my username as owner again error, then i cancled and went back to my pc option * +

john_163 7.12.20 - 01:25am
only to find out my ssd and 1 tb hdd can be seen but the 160 gb hdd that was working fine but suddenly vanished, it doesn't even show on device manager nor in diskpart nor in bios, i took of the power cable n sata cable out n re insert yet it didnt detect, tryd doing that again, and my pc was just showing loading sign when i rebooted * +

john_163 7.12.20 - 01:27am
then i again tried to reinsert the cable n power cable, and turn on the pc and pressed delet to go into bios but it didnt go in bios just a black screen, unpugd the hdd and tried goin into bios it went, insert back the hdd n booted normally still it didnt detect the hdd sad.gif * +

john_163 7.12.20 - 01:28am
had my fl studio projects, loops in it sad.gif what could be the issue? sata cable? * +

john_163 7.12.20 - 10:36pm
ok tried with a different sata cable and still same doesnt detects * +

alvar89 18.12.20 - 04:57pm
Im a bit late here but did you try any sata to usb contraptions? I have had on my z370 motherboard anomalies with it shutting off and freezing one of my 3tb hdds when i have almost all the sata and nvme ports saturated. It can be a software malfunction or a hdd just randomly dying. best way is to hook it alone beside only the boot drive and see if it loads up on the emty sata slots. * +

john_163 25.02.21 - 12:50am

@ alvar89 - 18.12.20 - 04:57pm
Im a bit late here but did you try any sata to usb contraptions? I have had on my z370 motherboard anomalies with it shutting off and freezing one of my 3tb hdds when i have almost all the sata and nvme ports saturated. It can be a software malfunction or a hdd just randomly dying. best way is to hook it alone beside only the boot drive and see if it loads up on the emty sata slots.

i havent, il try to see if it works on other pc..temp iv just kept the drive packed as i found a reliable tec who recovers dead or corrupted drive for as less as 24 dollars, so il take it to him and hand him over a new ssd and get my data * +

john_163 1.04.22 - 10:56am
bit late my other 1tb wd drive had same issue when i came home 3 days ago from l.a ,gave it to the person who does data recovery, seems it was a the pcb that was roasted and 1 head damaged somehow the guy changed the pcb and head and got all my 800gb data transferred on my new hdd ,looks like my 160 gb hdd has the same issue coz of short circuit..have my speaker woofer dead to lol.gif * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search