! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What Laptop? - Page 1/2

Subject: What Laptop?
Replies: 13 Views: 1871
> »
mikeymk 5.07.18 - 12:14am
Bit of a repost but theyre all specific and out of date.

What's available? What should i look for? What would you get? What are the must-have features, and what would you sacrifice to bring the price down? * +

mikeymk 5.07.18 - 12:15am
So the story goes...

I've broken my laptop, and i'm in the market for a new one. So what do i want?

Well, my old one was a big 17.3in Acer with i5 processor, 4gb ram, nfi of the overall memory but i was never gonna exceed it, 2.3/2.9ghz. Windows 7. AMD graphics, i think.

The screen was too big really, as anything it could play online was too stretched on the clarity. In fact things like YouTube and likewise players were horrible and required a part screen.. and whilst some photos looked great, i had to sit right back to view them.
So i'm happy with a smaller screen, though I'd like a widescreen layout.

I don't need a CD re-writer drive. I haven't used mine for literally 2-3yrs, i listen/view everything online.

Id like to do more with photos, video, and music. Much more.

Id like it to be fast and responsive - i swear sometimes my phone is sharper than my laptop was over Wi-Fi..

Ram aside, i don't need huge memory. Even cheapies come with over 300gb now.

And that brings me to my final point - obviously i dont wanna pay much. And i dont think i need to. Seven years ago i paid 650 quid, this time i dont wanna pay half that. Im still finding the odd i7-equipped book for money i can justify but obviously i have to dig into my sacrifices.

I'm all ears. Tea.gif * +

mikeymk 5.07.18 - 03:01am
Nevermind, i just bought one. I'm a geezer, i can't spend three weeks shopping around.

Proud.gif * +

sisfreak2017 5.07.18 - 03:06am
hope you enjoy windows 10 worry.gif * +

sisfreak2017 5.07.18 - 03:08am
id still rid your old one on ebay as spares/repairs just shove a sh*te hdd in it so no fkr harvesting your data, someone will buy it esp with it having some signs of life * +

mikeymk 5.07.18 - 07:01am

@ sisfreak2017 - 5.07.18 - 03:06am
hope you enjoy windows 10 worry.gif

I had 10 before and i got on okay with it, some features were better. But it was just a download off google job, not really done properly and probably not genuine, and i got smashed by trojans - took 3 days just to get it to factory reset. * +

mikeymk 5.07.18 - 07:51am
My old one, which is an Acer Aspire 7750G, i've taken the HD and ram card out of it (much as i doubt ill ever be able to use them) and chucked it in the recycle bin.

A new keyboard alone for this is 200 quid, im sure it has parts, but i don't know whats damaged so it's only likely to disappoint someone. * +

sisfreak2017 5.07.18 - 06:15pm
awwe u daft sod spares repair category,many businesses buy that stuffs esp a decent cpu like yours has,had then break everything down even tje windows license key sticker has a value.
Punch your recycling bin man if a 6 pack dont appears so just punch him before your posh new laptop arrives dreamy.gif better than Xmas santa.gif * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search