! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What Laptop? - Page 2/2

Subject: What Laptop?
« <
mikeymk 5.07.18 - 08:03pm
My postie's always bringing me presents aww.gif * +

gt_tdi 5.07.18 - 10:54pm

@ mikeymk - 5.07.18 - 12:15am
So the story goes...

I've broken my laptop, and i'm in the market for a new one. So what do i want?

Well, my old one was a big 17.3in Acer with i5 processor, 4gb ram, nfi of the overall memory but i was never gonna exceed it, 2.3/2.9ghz. Windows 7. AMD graphics, i think.

The screen was too big really, as anything it could play online was too stretched on the clarity. In fact things like YouTube and likewise players were horrible and required a part screen.. and whilst some photos looked great, i had to sit right back to view them.
So i'm happy with a smaller screen, though I'd like a widescreen layout.

I don't need a CD re-writer drive. I haven't used mine for literally 2-3yrs, i listen/view everything online.

Id like to do more with photos, video, and music. Much more.

Id like it to be fast and responsive - i swear sometimes my phone is sharper than my laptop was over Wi-Fi..

Ram aside, i don't need huge memory. Even cheapies come with over 300gb now.

And that brings me to my final point - obviously i dont wanna pay much. And i dont think i need to. Seven years ago i paid 650 quid, this time i dont wanna pay half that. Im still finding the odd i7-equipped book for money i can justify but obviously i have to dig into my sacrifices.

I'm all ears. Tea.gif

If anything, Mikey, you're all nose. * +

mikeymk 6.07.18 - 04:25am
My ears are catching up, though. * +

usb3.1 8.07.18 - 03:26pm

@ mikeymk - 5.07.18 - 12:14am
Bit of a repost but theyre all specific and out of date.

What's available? What should i look for? What would you get? What are the must-have features, and what would you sacrifice to bring the price down?

Get a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ nod.gif * +

netter 14.07.18 - 08:47am
I have a macbook pro 13 inch old version its nice aluminium unibody and strong os , * +

cheeky63 13.08.18 - 03:40pm
ive got the asus strix *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark