! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Turning off/on laptop - Page 1/2

Subject: Turning off/on laptop
Replies: 9 Views: 2478
> »
maniac13 2.07.18 - 04:53pm
ive noticed recently that when i turn my laptop on or off there are a few things flashing up ie waiting for services,waiting for local session manager,something about user profile,anyone know how to fix this i,have tried the obvious like system restore,updates etc....thanks * +

maniac13 3.07.18 - 07:55am
it says all the above then preparing windows on startup.... * +

maniac13 12.07.18 - 11:54am
this is exactly what is happening :- Whenever I switch on my Laptop or off , It takes about 2min to do so . It is very frustrating . The thing is that it shows multiple messages such as Waiting for Local Session manager , Starting Services , Preparing Windows at every startup and Stopping services , Stopping Group policy client service , Telling services that Windows is shutting down at shutdown. * +

sisfreak2017 12.07.18 - 08:00pm
is it an ex business laptop part of a domain ?? Ideally reinstall.the windows operating system with a retail version * +

maniac13 12.07.18 - 10:11pm
no its my own (bought),it has only recently started doing this.. * +

sisfreak2017 13.07.18 - 12:53am
If you haven't ever reinstalled the operating system you should have either a recovery partition or a operating system disk / or flash drive follow your instructions to reinstall the operatingsystem and you should be able to return it to the state when you purchased it.. I don't mean system restore as you've originally mentioned you've already tried this...bear in mind you need to backup all your datas to external media. as they will be lost * +

maniac13 13.07.18 - 09:32am
Thanks 4 replying to me sissy,but that what you said is way over my head.I do know it never came with a disc,8.1 was installed on it and then i got the upgrade to windows 10 when prompted lol.As long as the startup/shutdown issue is doing no harm,i'll grin and bare the fustration,as i know jack sh*t about tech stuff :) * +

sisfreak2017 13.07.18 - 09:43am
i also.did the WP10 upgrade too.im regret it as ist made the laptop really slow i feel like puttng my fist through the screen at times seems windows 10 wants to do all its stuffs befoe it lets me use my computer cry.gif i aim to put windows 7 back on it but too much time required to backup all my content just now.
Your laptop if bought new should have a recovery partition the upgrade shouldn't have touched that , how you access the recovery console is usually specific to the manufacturer, it should be in your instructions. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search