! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 10 auto restarts - Page 2/2

Subject: Windows 10 auto restarts
« <
dbh 7.01.18 - 12:00pm
After looking at all the above, be sure to also check the fan and make sure it's working * +

sibz86 21.03.18 - 12:46pm
Use to do this to me whilst dloading very large files/games had to do a system restore and worked * +

a.m.d 2.04.18 - 08:52am
Windows rebooting for no reason can be caused by various things. Overheating components, faulty components, driver problems, etc. The first thing to look at is if you've added anything new to your PC before this started. New hardware, new software, a driver update (this can be tricky with Windows 10 and it's automatic driver updates). Try booting into safe mode and see if it still happens. To do this, start your pc, but reboot it when the Windows logo appears, 3 times in succession. It will then give you a boot menu after the 3rd reboot. Choose Troubleshoot - Advanced options - Startup settings and then click Restart. When it boots up you can press 4 for Safe Mode.

If your PC still does the same, it points to a hardware fault. If it doesn't, that generally means it's a driver problem. For hardware, the most common culprit for random reboots is a faulty graphics card. It could also be an overheating CPU or faulty RAM. You will either have to swap these out with known good components to check which is the culprit, or if you can't do that yourself I suggest taking your PC to a repair shop. * +

a.m.d 2.04.18 - 08:57am
I only just saw how old this post is... Resurrecting ancient posts much? * +

1clivey1 2.04.18 - 01:48pm
windows 10 is pants the amount of updates taking up space is unreal glad i switched to apple os no problems since *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index