! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Help with my overheating tablet? - Page 1/2

Subject: Help with my overheating tablet?
Replies: 11 Views: 1046
> »
chelljean84 21.06.17 - 03:44am
I have a google nexus 7 tablet, and for the last few weeks the back of it has been getting very hot and then it turns of and restarts itself. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I do not want to take it to a repair shop as I only paid 40 for it and it would probably work out cheaper just to buy another tablet. * +

3mel 21.06.17 - 02:16pm
don't charge and use it at the same time, especially for heavy resource tasks. you could try using the recents screen to close things you don't need if it starts getting hot.
it's actually protecting itself by turning off and on again. it's making sure it doesn't get dangerously hot where components can be damaged. heat kills batteries in terms of their lifespan.

generally when it starts to get too hot, put it down for 10 mins, preferably on something metal than can draw heat out of it. * +

crail 22.06.17 - 02:28am
Get a new battery. It must be quite old by now. They don't last forever * +

archer38 29.06.17 - 05:06pm
Download coolify apk it help to cool your tablet at 25 degress * +

3mel 29.06.17 - 05:24pm
she'll need to be rooted to use that app * +

norega 29.06.17 - 07:25pm
Bin it and buy a new one , tablets are basically disposible and not worth the effort to repair * +

3mel 29.06.17 - 08:13pm

@ norega - 29.06.17 - 07:25pm
Bin it and buy a new one , tablets are basically disposible and not worth the effort to repair

that's a bit extreme when they only overheat due to software issues and not hardware ones.
too many processes running on the CPU and GPU all at the same time as modem traffic isn't handled that well on some firmware versions when it was OK beforehand.

I use custom roms on all my androids and if the dev screws up everyone reports overheating issues that get tweaked and solved by the next update. * +

crail 29.06.17 - 10:17pm
Would the nexus 7 still get updates? It's probably a battery ready to blow * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum