! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Help with my overheating tablet? - Page 2/2

Subject: Help with my overheating tablet?
« <
3mel 29.06.17 - 11:45pm
maybe she has one waiting that is a patch to fix the issue. if not she could flash something that didn't have that problem. I know the 7 had some horrible updates that drove people mad. my mate has one. * +

norega 30.06.17 - 11:02am

@ 3mel - 29.06.17 - 08:13pm
that's a bit extreme when they only overheat due to software issues and not hardware ones.
too many processes running on the CPU and GPU all at the same time as modem traffic isn't handled that well on some firmware versions when it was OK beforehand.

I use custom roms on all my androids and if the dev screws up everyone reports overheating issues that get tweaked and solved by the next update.

The nexus 7 is an old tablet and most apps probably won't support it anymore . it hasn't had a firmware update for a long time now * +

3mel 30.06.17 - 11:17am
don't think she'd be making a thread if she was prepared to think of it as disposable. the usual minimum support range for apps is 4.1 to 6.xx. you wouldn't be offered the download/update if it wasn't compatible. * +

norega 30.06.17 - 01:05pm
It's a very very old tablet especially if it's the first nexus 7 and it's going to be slow by today's standards . *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index