! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Raspberry pi 3 - Page 1/3

Subject: Raspberry pi 3
Replies: 16 Views: 1334
> »
usbcable 10.06.17 - 12:28pm
Running windows PC apps.... Im using ExaGear x86 emulator with 'Wine' to provide the windows PC emulation. I will be running maridian M3 librarian database software, a backend server for the database and a barcode creator app. * +

usbcable 10.06.17 - 12:37pm
This is intended to replace a pentium 4 PC running windows XP with the maridian M3 librarian software which it's minimum requirements are a pentium 2 PC with 200mb RAM. The Raspberry Pi 3 is sufficiently powerful to run this setup. * +

usbcable 10.06.17 - 12:52pm
Since a new PC would have to run windows 10 and there is no way to run old 32bit apps because they are no longer supported. The maridian M3 Liberian software is free and fully functional where's a typical software product like this could cost 100's or 1000's. I'm effectively giving old software a new lease of life because software dosent wear out but hardware does and an old PCis a liability because hard disks fail and motherboards can fail when they are very old * +

sisfreak2017 10.06.17 - 09:08pm
ok * +

3mel 10.06.17 - 10:26pm
faaaaaaascinating !!! * +

usbcable 10.06.17 - 11:12pm
It hasn't worked very well.. I got the backend server working ok. I got all the utility apps running but I couldn't get the vital front end user interface app to run so it's useless without that. * +

usbcable 10.06.17 - 11:17pm
I'm going to try an open source librarian app written in HTML, PHP and using a MySQL database.. For that I just have to install an apache webserver on my pi, next PHP tools and finally a MySQL server. Then I just drop my librarian app into the www folder of the apache server and open a web browser with my IP address in the URL bar * +

usbcable 11.06.17 - 02:13am
Well this worked out well happy I'm using web librarian which works on apache server with PHP, MySQL, and also needed Wordpress setup. The librarian app is installed as a plugin from the settings in Wordpress. It runs very well on the pi * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search