! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Access Denied - Page 1/2

Subject: Access Denied
Replies: 8 Views: 1776
> »
tazdevil 30.08.16 - 06:00pm
A lot of the websites have been rendered restricted here lately including torrents. Some of them still work, but not nearly as many as before. Besides torrents, there are a few movie sites that don't work anymore including filmy wap. Earlier they used to work perfectly. I watched X-Men, Cinderella and Disney's Tangled lol

But now I get this message-
''AS PER THE DOT COMPLIANCE THE REQUESTED PAGE IS NOT ALLOWED. APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. Contact your internet administrator if you require access to this site''

And upon opening torrents I get this-
''The requested URL has been blocked''

What's going on? Is the 'torrent and free movie watching' party over? Is it time to move on? * +

tazdevil 30.08.16 - 06:00pm
Please help me. Is there a way I can fix this? I mean, is there a way I can change my IP address or VPN (or whatever that's called) so that it looks like I'm not browsing from my house so I can watch everything online as if I lived in the UK/America? * +

3mel 30.08.16 - 06:29pm
the party isn't over yet, it could be if the TPP goes thru. as you say you need a vpn service, but you'll need to check out many of them.

some of them won't let you download the actual torrent (but usually you only need it to visit the site and get the file), also streaming speed might drop for you because they have to pay for all the bandwidth you use. you don't really need one that changes your country of origin if you didn't need one before.

next time I'm somewhere that recommends one for PC and torrents I'll post a link for it here. * +

3mel 31.08.16 - 04:34pm
this is the link a certain site put up to encourage it's users to protect themselves (all the scary stuff they talk about happens in America, well until the TPP anyway).

[link]https://www.expressvpn.com/internet-security/private-vpn[/link]
expressvpn.com/internet-security/private-vpn * +

john_163 31.08.16 - 10:00pm
try zenmate addon on ur browser * +

tazdevil 28.10.16 - 12:00pm
OMG I thought I had replied to this.

What do I do now? I don't know how to check/add the VPNs/add-ons. My IT skills are bad. I used Hola for a while (suggested to me by phall) but Netflix blocked it. Then someone asked me to get the Tor browser. They said it will hide my IP and I was like YAY-E, but then they warned me not to go full screen, not to use google to search, not to download anything and to deny all permissions etc because there are some hacks through which sites can access your IP. It's not fully safe and sometimes IP is at risk. This made me extremely paranoid so I didn't download Tor. I mean seriously, Indian government is SO tough on piracy, it sucks. They need to unban all the free streaming sites/torrents. How else am I gonna watch my fave TV shows? * +

3mel 29.10.16 - 01:50am
when a vpn is running all your internet traffic (no matter what type) is first encrypted then sent to the vpn server site which relays it from there to the destination you wanted.
that solves all your problems in one go as it's not just protecting the browser but everything net related. good services often cost money though. just follow the step by step setup they give you but also google for user reviews of that service. ideally you want one that doesn't create any logs of your actions online. * +

memsfefe 22.11.16 - 11:36am
Helo to everyone * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum