! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Tablet help??? - Page 1/2

Subject: Tablet help???
Replies: 9 Views: 967
> »
spngbob 12.08.16 - 04:59pm
My wife recently bought a tablet and no matter what we do, nothing wants to save to the memory card, even though we have set it as the default write disk??? If she downloads apps, saves on the tablet, videos, saves on tablet, pictures, saves on tablet??? There is also no option to move apps to the mem card to free up some space??? Any ideas plse??? * +

3mel 12.08.16 - 07:04pm
if it's on android kitkat that'll be the reason, google went thru a stupid phase of not wanting to support memory cards. if you're on kitkat rooting the tablet and installing SDcard FIX will solve your problems completely.

if it's on marshmallow you need to go to settings apps and click on each relevant apps permissions and add storage access. * +

spngbob 12.08.16 - 07:15pm
I have just checked and it seems like 5.1 lollipop??? Does that make a difference???? As far as rooting goes i dont really want to as it is on contract and i've heard rooting voids the warranty??? * +

crail 12.08.16 - 08:09pm
If it's a Samsung then you can't move stuff over using the 'my files' app * +

crail 12.08.16 - 08:15pm
Stuff like your downloads, not apps though * +

spngbob 12.08.16 - 08:31pm
Nope? Its a Citrus Sensation???? * +

3mel 13.08.16 - 12:33am
check if the memory card is showing up as ''mounted'' in settings. you can't generally move apps to SDcard nowadays without root. * +

norega 13.08.16 - 09:24am
If it's not an iPad throw it in the bin .all others are junk * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum