! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

NEW Raspberry Pi 3 - Page 7/9

Subject: NEW Raspberry Pi 3
« <> »
usbcable 14.05.16 - 08:54am
Some awesome features to the Raspbian Jessie OS were released yesturday!!! Thumbsup A proper Bluetooth control panel in the graphical user interface to use Bluetooth on the RPi3 or any Pi with a Bluetooth dongle. A new PIGPIO library for programers to use the I/O pins in there own applications. A right click on the waste bin opens a menu with an empty the bin function. An application for making a clone copy of your SD card image to a new SD card so no more relying on PCs or Macs to backup... * +

usbcable 14.05.16 - 08:59am
Your SD card images. Also updates to many of the applications provided with the Raspbian Jessie installation including, scratch, node red, Sonic Pi, blue java and green java. and several bug fixes and a few tweaks to the user interface making this the best all round OS. * +

usbcable 28.05.16 - 09:42am
I finally got my Raspberry Pi Sense hat after a month wait. It features an 8 x 8 RGB LED matrix display, an accelerometer, Three axis gyro, humidity sensor, air pressure sensor, tempreture sensor, and a small joystick. There's a number of demo program's and libraries available to program the Sense hat to do what ever you like. I'm looking forward to testing the features. * +

usbcable 1.06.16 - 11:39pm
I got another raspberry pi 3 to upgrade my OSMC Media Center which had a RPi 2 in today. The system is even more responsive with even smoother video playback. I'm downloading a 4K video to it now to test if it can play it. I will update shortly.... * +

usbcable 1.06.16 - 11:49pm
... And the answer is.. No it cannot play 4k video yet.. The screen came up with random colours and it played about 10 seconds of sound then locked up. I was able to reboot it remotely over SSH using my PC laptop with a terminal to login. So for now just stick with upto 1080 size video. * +

tranie 3.06.16 - 05:38pm

@ usbcable - 1.06.16 - 11:49pm
... And the answer is.. No it cannot play 4k video yet.. The screen came up with random colours and it played about 10 seconds of sound then locked up. I was able to reboot it remotely over SSH using my PC laptop with a terminal to login. So for now just stick with upto 1080 size video.

theres no reason why it cannot play 4k, iv seen similar spec machines play 4k. Did you overclock the pi ? and did you install the 4k driver ? * +

usbcable 3.06.16 - 05:54pm
Raspberry pi 3 can't do 4k because the GPU can't handle h265. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark