! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

seagate hard drive is not reading - Page 3/3

Subject: seagate hard drive is not reading
« <
iminuru 14.02.16 - 10:02am
No, I think, With a little care You will be able to open it without damaging the HDD inside. or just google ''how to open external HDD case''. * +

sxcrico 1.05.16 - 01:11pm
The reason why my hard drive is not picking up is cause its not labelled with a letter I tried to get it done but still can't any help? My stuff in the drive is very valuable to me I need it! * +

usbcable 1.05.16 - 03:46pm
If you power off or disconnect the drive while it's writing then it will corrupt the data. Depending on where it's writing can affect the severity of damage from a damaged cluster making a file unreadable. If the FAT gets corrupted thenyou can loose everything. * +

kazannts 2.05.16 - 05:43pm

@ iminuru - 14.02.16 - 10:02am
No, I think, With a little care You will be able to open it without damaging the HDD inside. or just google ''how to open external HDD case''.

To be fair opening up a hdd is a bad idea, anything getting in there is bad, including dust.
It sounds to me like the hdd has failed and died, in which case opening it wont hurt, but, if its salvageable opening it is the last thing you should be doing. * +

kazannts 2.05.16 - 05:44pm
If you have any sort of rescue disk ie Hirens, give that a try, there's a lot of tools on it that MAY help, and tbh, at this point, it cant hurt to try *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index