! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

seagate hard drive is not reading - Page 2/3

Subject: seagate hard drive is not reading
« <> »
john_163 5.02.16 - 11:35am
could b ur cable has an issue...did u try ur hd on another pc? try on ur frnds an check or try usen a cable of ur frnds ext hdd * +

john_163 5.02.16 - 11:37am
coz my frnd has a ext hdd .. his hd wont work on 2.0 usb any more...it works on 3.0 only now...an sometime when i connect it. it will show the light on hd blinkin but wont show on my computers unless i reinsert the cable agaib * +

mok214 6.02.16 - 05:41pm

@ john_163 - 5.02.16 - 11:37am
coz my frnd has a ext hdd .. his hd wont work on 2.0 usb any more...it works on 3.0 only now...an sometime when i connect it. it will show the light on hd blinkin but wont show on my computers unless i reinsert the cable agaib

That's usually caused by static electricity shocks from my experience. It can affect both the USB drive and the port. * +

s.mcclel 7.02.16 - 01:30pm
Is your drive silent or is it making a clicking sound ?...you could also try uninstalling it via device manager and then reinstalling....also worth a try is running chkdisk to try and find and correct any errors... * +

sxcrico 9.02.16 - 07:21am
Its silent I tried it on 3 laptops already and still the same issue really running out of options now. * +

iminuru 12.02.16 - 04:45pm
@sxcrico. You may not like my Idea, but if its out of warranty and You are willing to, You may break the case, and test the HDD in a PC. Its usually a Sata HDD. * +

sxcrico 14.02.16 - 05:52am
Okay wouldn't breaking it damage it * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark