! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

vpn - Page 1/1

Subject: vpn
Replies: 5 Views: 1230

musho77 30.12.15 - 08:57pm
hi does making a vpn mean that i wouldnt have my unlimited broadband from sky . also wondered if using a vpn to download files would mean i have to pay for data or downloads , thanks * +

3mel 31.12.15 - 01:42pm
a vpn is just a virtual place your internet traffic goes first and gets encrypted before going to the web. it won't effect your sky unlimited, it just means nobody can hack your data, or block which sites you visit.

if you wanted to download torrents or files you'd go over the free limit a VPN normally gives you for browsing and have to pay extra on top. * +

musho77 31.12.15 - 03:03pm
ok thanks but how would i know if i have gone over the limit and by how much ? im just worried i will change to a vpn and end up with a massive bill lol , or i could use a proxy, im not sure whats best most of the torrent sites dont work im down to last 2 i know of * +

3mel 3.01.16 - 06:18pm
all UK isp's have been ordered to block access to torrent sites, but a proxy or VPN solves the problem. even plain old opera mini can get around the restrictions.
if you get a VPN service they will tell you about any limits you will have like not downloading torrents, or they'll just slow you connection speed down... * +

neptun3z 8.06.17 - 10:44pm
Hey guys. I had the same question in mind. Where im from we have unlimited internet plan but with quite a number of restrictions like no vid/audio streams, download speeds just down to 2mbps. Would having a vpn bypass these restrictions? * +

neptun3z 8.06.17 - 10:49pm
Meant connection speeds *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search