! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

PS3 - Page 2/3

Subject: PS3
« <> »
musho77 30.12.15 - 09:08pm
how old it is some , i would get a slimline one as they are less likely to get ylod (yellowlightofdeath) bit of a design fault on the ps3 phat, the consol needs more vents than they had. * +

s.mcclel 31.12.15 - 11:13am
If you get the slimline unit you've no chance of getting the required firmware to run backups from though and there's no options to downgrade either.YLOD is easily fixed with a hot air paint stripper and a little Artic Silver thermal compound......reflux the GPU. * +

musho77 31.12.15 - 11:39am
no it isnt easily fixed as i did it to mine it fixed it for 45 minutes then it had gone again it went in the bin * +

s.mcclel 31.12.15 - 05:10pm
I done it on two different consoles,one my own and the other a friends.Mine lasted until I sold it on which was over 6 months after fixing it and my mates is still running after around 2 years.....did you use Artic Silver thermal compound ? * +

musho77 31.12.15 - 11:50pm
think so was a gray tube like an injection i did it right i saw how to do it on youtube some people were saying to put it in the oven lol * +

s.mcclel 1.01.16 - 12:30pm
Yeah I also saw the oven method but decided against it due to the obvious risk involved however I have successfully fixed an iPhone 4S by heating up the affected area with a hairdryer then placing it in an airtight bag and then into the freezer for 20 minutes..Fixed an issue with the Wifi antenna. * +

walkers 12.02.16 - 06:47am
thanks * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark