! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

TYT DM-UVF10 - Page 1/2

Subject: TYT DM-UVF10
Replies: 8 Views: 1443
> »
banbury 15.11.15 - 06:54am
if anybody has this DPMR radio in the UK could you please share your experiences. I would be most interested to hear what you have monitored on the digital frequencies if anything at all, but obviously send me an inbox/pm message if you dont feel comfortable with sharing that on this post which is understandable. I would especially like to know if anyone has managed to use the licence free digital channels on 446mhz. * +

mok214 16.11.15 - 04:32am
It only operates 6.25 KHZ and 12.5 KHZ at extremely short range, so I wouldn't expect much out of it unless you are at a DPM radio meet. lol.gif
[link]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_private_mobile_radio[/link] * +

mok214 16.11.15 - 11:58am
BTW. Wi-Fi signals generally have a longer range outdoors. * +

banbury 16.11.15 - 05:08pm
eight of the digital licence free channels are 6.25khz step thats why Iam considering it. this product has no connection with wi-fi * +

mok214 17.11.15 - 02:13am
That was just an example, that other radio in the other post would have a bit longer range, especially if someone setup a repeater network.
Sorry, my main amateur radio knowledge is on the two-meter band in the US. Your country may or may not allow repeaters on those frequencies. * +

tranie 17.11.15 - 11:08am

@ mok214 - 17.11.15 - 02:13am
That was just an example, that other radio in the other post would have a bit longer range, especially if someone setup a repeater network.
Sorry, my main amateur radio knowledge is on the two-meter band in the US. Your country may or may not allow repeaters on those frequencies.

yes they are allowed [link]http://www.ukrepeater.net/2m.htm[/link] my dad is a radio ham he has a full licence and its about the only thing he talks about yawn.gif * +

mok214 17.11.15 - 06:57pm
That's why they are called ham radio operators, they ham it up. It helps if you're OCD too. lol.gif * +

mok214 17.11.15 - 08:15pm
By the way, don't ask him how to build an antenna, that's an all day discussion even if he doesn't pull out all the materials to build one. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search