! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Weird WiFi issue - Page 1/2

Subject: Weird WiFi issue
Replies: 11 Views: 2247
> »
phly_kid 8.04.15 - 04:48pm
I'm having some weird WiFi issue at work that maybe someone here can help me. I was able to find and connect to the work WiFi fine for two weeks. Then the following week I couldn't connect or even find the network at all. Everyone else can find and connect to the wifi including my phone but my laptop just dsnt show or list or connect at all. I even tried a reinstall and still no luck. Any help? * +

iminuru 8.04.15 - 05:30pm
is this problem specific to just the said WiFi, or You cann't connect to other wifi spots too (regarding your lappy)? * +

mok214 8.04.15 - 11:47pm
Look at your keyboard and see if there is a button that turns WiFi on and off. On my HP it is on the F12 key. I am always h*tting it by accident when trying to adjust my volume. * +

phly_kid 9.04.15 - 08:28am
This problem seems to be specific to this particular WiFi hotspot. I can see a list of about 20 other hotspots all around. It's only this particular one that I can't find. Tried to reset the router or switch it on then off but no luck. I can connect to other hotspots even at home. That's why this problem is so strange. And before I was able to connect to it on two occasions. * +

phly_kid 9.04.15 - 08:32am
It's a Dell xps 1645 so there is a dedicated WiFi on and off key and I am aware when it's on and off. Issue is not switching off. The wifi stays. Can see all other hotspots around except the very one I am meant to connect to for work. Is there perhaps a workaround to connecting besides using an ether net cable. Or a solution. I even did a reinstall and I still couldn't pick up that particular hotspot and it's name hasn't changed and others around me can see and connect to it. * +

4juice 12.04.15 - 02:37pm
Contact the wifi admin, maybe you are blocked from using it. If you have permission, try to set a manual connection. * +

phly_kid 13.04.15 - 01:23pm
I don't think I'm blocked unless perhaps there is a system that kicks in maybe after a certain quota of data has been used as there is no WiFi admin. It's at the workplace and no IT techs on site. However being blocked is the only logical explanation I can also think so. How do I go about finding out if I'm blocked since there is no WiFi admin as far as I know? * +

phly_kid 13.04.15 - 01:26pm
Also, if I'm blocked should I not atleast be able to see the wifi point but perhaps not be able or allowed to connect. In my case it's like it has disappeared completely from my laptops radar. Are there 3rd party WiFi apps I can use to find and test connectivity of the above mentioned hotspot? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search