! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Weird WiFi issue - Page 2/2

Subject: Weird WiFi issue
« <
tranie 13.04.15 - 03:50pm
have you tried turning off your antivirus program and checking to see if you can connect ? it could be your AV that has blacklisted the connection. * +

phly_kid 13.04.15 - 05:34pm
when I reinstalled windows it asked to connect to a wifi hotspot before I even installed any drivers or Antivirus. And even then I could not pick it up. I had not changed any settings or tampered with any settings and was only reinstalling to hopefully fish out the problem but even then i could not find nor connect to the said wifi hotspot. Strangest issue I have ever experienced. What does my head in is I'm able to find about 20 other wifi points around but not this one!!! * +

midge275 19.04.15 - 07:10pm
Try updating the router's firmware using another laptop that has no connection issues. Use this address to access the router's administrative interface 'http://192.168.1.1' and while you are at it, check whether DHCP is enabled. * +

phly_kid 20.04.15 - 08:26pm
Someone elsewhere suggested channel collision or the channel frequesncy was changed to 5ghz instead of the usual 2.4ghz and my laptop doesnt support 5ghz. But will test it this week and find out. The router is a work thing so i may not have all access to mess much with it especially since it works for everyone else so i will exhaust all other avenues first. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index